Its a waiting game but worth it

Hi guys from a recent post i have finally ordered my 2014 l&k estate black magic with ivory the only option i went for was the cable thing?...

Will be here week 39 god can't wait, what a well spec'd car with the amazing leg room at the rear nothing i felt was coming close for value when buying new.

The question i have for you all is there is only one thing i would like to change slightly, and can i stress this is my opinion which i'm sure others may disagree, it is the ride height and thats it.

What if any springs would you choose to fit the exsisting shocks as this is a cosmetic thing for me and not a handling thing unlike a recent post,

Trust me guys for all of you with a superb already,

well done cannot belive it has taken me saabs mercedes and bmw's to finally get the car which truley is superb!!

Steve.

I'd try and source the OEM sport suspension from the CZ or Ireland. You might find Eibach are identical set up to OEM ones too... The same with some dealers sourcing Eibach springs for the new Spaceback.

I'd of thought going OEM would at least give you your 12 months guarantee on the parts. With accessories they don't come under the 3 years even when you order them at the same time as the car... 

I don't know what part of the warranty would be voided if you did lower it? Plenty of people do. Just seems like a lot of car to void the warranty on if something was to go wrong! 

Point taken leon, the warranty is always the issue wihen changing origanal parts to aftermarket items wheather it being the most slightest thing, Oh well i guess i'm to bloody pickie

Thanks for the info guys.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there fishytank, have you had any anti roll bar issues? Do you know what sort of clearance there is? Just really interested in the h&r springs myself, tia.

• 1 year later...

I went for the H+R 40mm lowering, just perfect. It makes the ride more firm, but not uncomfortable.  

Exactly the same as mine, fitted from new with uprated shocks (Eibach) and 19" summer alloys ET36. 

The car rides wonderfully on motorways and is firm in the twisties.

It looks so much better too as the arches look 'filled'. It has grounded out on me once, at speed on the autoroute loaded up with four folk and kit...one of those unexpected dips in the road that sends the car floating for a second or two.

Very happy.

UWpwQbNy.jpg

Mcifka8O.jpg