Heads up for a full set of TDi suspension (FREE)

I have just upgraded to a Bilstein B12 suspension kit so my 84K mile old Edition 100 (1.9 TDi) suspension is looking for a new home.

The struts and shocks ar leak free but at 84K old they are no doubt past their best, the springs and top mounts however are perfect.

Link to free ad is here.

If nobody claims them within a month they will probably be binned.

What do you think of the B12 setup?

Last MOT I got told two of the shocks were starting to "mist" -which was at around 100,000 miles.  I've got another 21,000 on her now so I guess I could do with renewing it all...

Did you change anything else when you were at it?

I am really impressed with them, Bilstein are a good make (used them many years ago when I was rallying) so I had no worries with the quality of them. fitted with the Eibach springs (which is what the B12 kit compromises) they are equally as comfortable as before with less roll than std.

I also fitted new top mounts front and rear... but there was nothing wrong with the ones I removed so I could have retained them.

I bought mine from here who were the cheapest by far.

• Like 1

Much cheaper than everywhere else, as you say... I'd seen them mostly for £600+.

Am a little torn as I don't really want to lower the car - go over plenty speed humps and we have a brutal entrance to our works car park.  

I hear what you say about lowering it, I really wasn’t bothered about it being lower also, but the shocks and stuts on their own were just £10 cheaper than the full kit and apparently you can use std height springs on the B12 shocks/struts so i though it would be daft not too go with the full kit.

It does look much better lowered as well  :giggle:

• Like 1

Good to find a budget price supplier for B6s, they do the B6 shocks also by part number which is nice (you need to get front and rear for 2 different cars to fit on a Roomster). I already posted a related update on the Roomster forum.

Is it the standard Cubic wheels you are having done?  Mine could really do with a tidy up too - I think I'll get them done them this winter when I put the winter wheels back on the car.

Got the Cubics back yesterday, sealed them and re-fitted them:

photo_zps49d640ae.jpg

I changed the colour from satin silver (std Ed 100 colour) to black chrome and I am really happy with the results.

Ride height now the B12’s are fitted (-30mm) 

photo3_zps52504f69.jpg

Std ride height (and tired wheels):

imagejpg6_zpsd1ff5a89.jpg

imagejpg1_zpsf0079ffa.jpg

• Like 1

Looks very smart... nice!  Can't wait to get my car back.  Driving round in £10,000 "worth" of VW Up! at the moment and feel like I'm in a pauper-mobile! :)

• Like 1

Unless you currently have ground clearance problems then there is no downside, the car rides better and is equally as comfortable.

I too was concerned about the ride... enough to consider keeping the OE springs, but I am glad I didn't now.

• Like 1

Tnx for answer...I have heard stories like if you want to lower your car for say 30 mm, than you need to buy -50 mm...is that true?

What I want to ask you did it lowered for 30mm or less? Also Im in doubt just to buy sports springs...I really dont know what to do...what is apx milage when you need to replace suspensions? I know that there isnt rule but what you think?

Sorry for bothering :)

The springs themselves are more than 30mm shorter than the OE ones.... but they are also stiffer so they compress less than the OE ones.

It did exactly what it said on the box ... lowered my car 30mm all round.

My car has done 84k miles and was well overdue a change IMO, the suspension absorbs all the bumps so silently now that I can now hear a rattle coming from the passenger door that was previously drowned out from the old suspension going over the potholes!

When I sold my MKII Superb estate I had covered just 35K miles, but I had noticed the suspension was not as tight as it had previously been.

It's no bother at all, it's what forums are for!!

• Like 1