AC issue

Email to Skoda UK voicing your disappointment perhaps..

.?

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk

May well do, see what they say... I suppose when they say a break in the loom it could be something as simple as a plug come off, or a wire fell out a plug, had that with the TMPS switch on the Exeo.. but until they start to strip you can't tell, all Paul @ Griffin Mill said, as well as saying sorry for failing to fix it today,  it showed a fault in the wiring between the control panel and the fan.. 

I will see what they find when I take it back to the supplying dealer and take it from there :) Think I will email them and see what they say, Kate in customer services was great..

To say I am not bothered, or not upset would be lying, I am ****ed off really, but working in the motor trade I know these things happen, pity it was not just the AC that failed, at least if the fan worked it would put some air in the cabin.

I think its stopped altogether now, which i suppose is a good thing, may make it easier to find the place it is broken in the wiring... 

I will be starting back around 8am so with a bit of luck it will stay coolish for the journey home... I will say I can recommend Griffin Mill Skoda in Pontypridd, I told them I was on holiday until Friday, and they did there best to move things around to get me in today, they would have lent me a car and sorted it out if I had been down here for another week, but he did not want to risk starting the job and start stripping and not get it on the road for Thursday night... 

I suppose a "break in the loom" could be a plug off, and once the start removing things be simple to fix.... He said :) 

Will see what happens when it gets to the dealer at home, they can keep it until it's fixed, local (ish) to home, plus they will give me a car to use... as a rule it is my weekend car as I use another during the week, so if they have it all week and do the job right it's better than rushing... 

Email to Skoda UK voicing your disappointment perhaps..

.?

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk

I have booked the car in for Friday PM when I get back from South Wales at the supplying dealer, they are as good as the dealer here, very apologetic... I have every faith they will get it sorted and I will once again be happy with my SUPERB car ;)

But, as I have spoken to Kate in customer services every 2 weeks with a progress report of the car from the day I ordered it, I have just emailed her.. not a complaint, nothing nasty, a working in the motor trade I know this **** happens, but I have said I am unhappy, so I will see what she say's.. 

It has not, and will not put me off the car, I really do still think it's the best car I have owned in 30 odd years of driving... but I would be lying if I said I was not upset about it... 

Hopefully when they take a detailed look it will be something simple like a loose connector or earthing point and you'll have the car back the same day and enjoying it again.

Not much consolation at the moment, but they do tend to be very reliable on the whole.

cheers, Steve

As i say I have worked in the motor trade for 30 odd years now, so I do know that these things happen, so I suppose I do take a more relaxed attitude towards it to a certain extent, no good going in guns blazing and shouting that might make me feel better, but it won't solve the issue... As long as they fix it, and fix it well, which I have every faith they will I will be happy... 

Not the first time this has happened to me, my first Seat Leon had a traction control fault from new, the system new it was fitted hence the warning light went out, but it had been set to be deactivated, that took some finding, but they did it... 

Both dealers, the one down here and the one at home could not apologies enough.. 

I think that is why they did not really want to start here, it could be a simple as taking the control panel out and putting a plug in right, a quick job, but it could mean removing more...

We will see Friday, and see what Skoda have to say to my email :)

If you look at the VCDS scan I think this has been an issue with the car from build... see the mileage in red? thats about 5 miles, I collected it with 11 miles on the clock! I think it just gave up on Sunday

Sunday,13,July,2014,14:23:15:20813

VCDS -- Windows Based VAG/VAS Emulator

VCDS Version: 12.12.2.0 (x64)

Data version: 20140212

Dealer/Shop Name: Stuart Tunstall

VIN: TMBDF73T6Fxxxxxxx   License Plate: xxxxxxx

Mileage: 551   Repair Order:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Address 08: Auto HVAC       Labels: 5K0-907-044.clb

Control Module Part Number: 3T0 907 044 CJ    HW: 3T0 907 044 CJ

Component and/or Version: Climatronic   H19 0709

Software Coding: 0010000003

Work Shop Code: WSC 33361 790 00999

ASAM Dataset: EV_Climatronic A01010 (SK46)

VCID: 7CFC2948F7BA2AFEC7F-8029

1 Fault Found:

9478421 - Diagnostic Line for Front Air Blower

B10A1 15 [008] - Open or Short to Plus

Intermittent - Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear

Freeze Frame:

Fault Status: 00000001

Fault Priority: 2

Fault Frequency: 21

Reset counter: 52

Mileage: 9 km

Date: 2000.14.22

Time: 13:11:40

Shame it has tainted your new car experience but I would feel exactly the same if it was my new car. Maybe I've been lucky as I've had several new VW group cars since 1979 and done between 100k to 150k in all of them, only been let down completely once when the fuel pump went on my B6 Passat, and it needed a new turbo at 146k - and I thought that was bad as my wife had a Passat B5 with 215k on it with no real problems, still had the original battery, exhaust etc.

I've been on your other site for a few years singing the praises of all my various cars from a Bora, a Passat B5.5, two Passat B6, Passat CC and now a Skoda Superb FL Greenline.

Hope they manage to fix it quickly for you tomorrow afternoon and you have a great weekend in it.

I think it may be Saturday or early next week before they look at it, it will be about 2-3pm before I get to the dealer, not a real problem, they lend me a car plus I have another to use anyway... 

I won't say it has tainted the new car experience, I am disappointed of course,I would be lying if I said I was not... upset a little,  but I still think it's a fantastic car, just a bit warm to drive at the minute LOL, Up until this Skoda I have has SEAT's since 2001, and always been happy with them ,just did'nt like the amount of hard plastic in the new SEAT's. the Leon FR is a really nice car, I had one as a loan car,  but too much plastic, so I went for the superb, and I am glad I did... 

As I say I think, looking at the scan above it was there from day one, just a pity I went away for a couple of weeks just after I purchased it, and it gave up on Sunday... if I had been here another week the local dealer would have fixed it for me, they just did not want to leave me stuck if it got too involved.. hopefully it will be straight forward and quick.... 

I have emailed Skoda with my disappointment, see what they say :)

Lol I know, just my luck... I said to the dealer pity it was not the AC that packed up, at least if the fan was working I would get some air in the cabin, maybe warm, but better than nothing...the AC is working, you can feel it when you get up to speed and the natural air comes through the vents cold, but not at a speed enough to cool the cabin..

Well.... She is now at the dealers, so we will see what they say, still apologising ..... Just done 260 miles in 20-26 degree car with no fresh air.... .just a little warm! 

Fuel economy a little better though, 52MPG at 70MPH . on the trip computer :) will confirm when I fill it up next..now done 950 miles... 

I did check the fuse myself, and it looked to be OK, so I did not put a new one in, but it could be as daft as that.... I hope :)

Bit of a come down, now using a 2014 CityGo automatic...Lol I even think for a small car they are fantastic...Will keep you informed.

Just spoke to the dealer. .. they have ordered a new wiring harness...should havemy pride and joy back tomorrow ;)

And AC again....

Good news!  See if you can get the CityGo to 88mph in the meantime, and see what happens.

I think this Citygo is a great little car... I am very tempted to have one when I replace the Ibiza I use for work

Glad they have found the fault so quick...

For what it's worth - I drove a MK1 with high mileage that had a fan that would sometimes stop, but it worked nicely when given a small nudge with a stick. ;-) (Had to remove a leaf-grille below the windshield where I could see the fan.) 

Picked the beauty up tonight, now have nice cold air BLOWING around inside the car, fan now working again :)

Dealers fitted a new loom from the control panel to the fan.... So far so good, just hope that is the only bad experience I have with a fantastic car :)

• Like 1

Picked the beauty up tonight, now have nice cold air BLOWING around inside the car, fan now working again :)

Dealers fitted a new loom from the control panel to the fan.... So far so good, just hope that is the only bad experience I have with a fantastic car :)

Great news, glad its now sorted and you can enjoy your new toy again.

Missing the Citigo yet?.

Lol... .the CitGo is a fantastic small car, although they do have plenty of room inside.... This one was am automatic, which is good once you get used to how it works.... 

BUT it is not a patch on the Superb... been out tonight just to get a feel for it again... nice cold air ... and get a smile on my face again :)

With a bit of luck it will be OK now..