OE floor mats for Superb?

My driver mat is just about bald now under where my heel sits.  They've done great - 120K on the original mats - and the rest still look like new - just driver's one looking shabby.  Anyone got any idea if OE mats are still available anywhere?

Nope, Passat B5/B5.5 are gone too, but if you look on Ebay, several vendors do Superb mats. just look for heavy carpet weight, they are reasonable, in fact the set I got is better than original.

BTW, you got great use out of the OE mats, mine had a heel hole after ~80k, the budget set I got from Ebay lasted ~30k, now I have a heavy carpet set and these look almost new after 20k+ miles.

• Like 2

I must say they've surprised me!  Don't know if the Edition 100 were anything special or not.

I don't like the ones with the heel pad section in them, so on the hunt for some nice ones without.  All the non-OE mats I've ever had in past cars seem to leave bits of granulated rubber from the backing all over the car.  

Yes they are still available:

TPS (or a dealer) sell them at £39.92 each!

The drivers mat for an ED 100 is part No. is 3U2 864 436 BUXY

The previous owner replace mine 23/4/2014 as it was worn through

• Like 1

Ooh winner, will give them a ring first thing.  It will tidy it up no end if I can get one.  That price, though steep, would be worth it.  The others are new still so it is like a brand new set to me, and as I say this one has seen 120K...

So the very helpful chap at TPS couldn't find it via chassis number search, but on searching with the part number you provided (which incidentally isn't the number on the back of the mat!) it turns up as available to "back order" - should be here from abroad in a week or so.  ~£31 + VAT.  Woohoo, will be here in time for the new paint job.

If you're going to paint the carpet, at least try it on the old one first to get a good colour match!

G

• Like 1

I forgot, what colour are Edition 100 mats? Light gray? Last time I drove ED100 was just before I bought my 2.5V6 Comfort :sun:

At £40 they're less than 1/2 of the price of a whole heavy carpet set, but if the rest of the mats are nearly unused, makes no sense to throw the whole lot away.

Edit: I have the "luxury"  version on mine, got them here. Though I recall getting them cheaper...

Edited by dieselV6

Just picked this up.  Spot on mat, just over £36 inc VAT.  Label on the back says manufactured in 2010 - ! Go figure.

Is there some market they were still cranking out MK1 Superbs for in 2010?

Looks like the L&K used the same mat which I guess helps :)

• 3 weeks later...

So my neighbours were laughing at me this evening putting mud on the silver trim of my new drivers mat, trying to get them to match the rest of them a bit more... :-p  Stands out like a sore thumb!

• Like 1