L&K leather colour question

TheCreepster

Hi all, hope all are well! With the arrival of my second child I'm now having to admit my days of 3 door hot hatching are over. I've looked around for something that is nice and practical while still maintaining some uniqueness and a bit of zip and have landed on the Yeti Outdoor 170. I'm looking to buy very soon but have one decision left to make, do I go with the Elegance or L&K trim?

The one thing holding me back from the L&K is the brown leather. I've tried all my local dealers and the closest they have got to being able to show me the colour is a small swatch. For those L&K owners on here, how brown is it and what exterior colour have you matched it with?

Thanks all!

The L&K in Mag Brown was the first Yeti we looked at, well into through the window as it had been sold and our dealer, understandably, did not like opening doors of sold cars. I felt the brown leather looked very classy but was not sure how well it would go with another body colour. Maybe the Cappuccino Beige being the next best match. The leather is a matt finish and not too brown unlike a Chesterfield sofa...you know the ones, high gloss, saddle brown. Skoda do use a good quality leather but there are some areas that are leatherette (Page 20 of brochure, may contain some artificial leather).

Not Q related but we did not go with the L&K because the wife did not like the interior and I did not want a dark exterior colour or a large engine. We have the Black leather in our Elegance and they are really nice seats. I also felt the L&K needed the electric drivers seat and probably KESSY to make it what it purports to be...the top of the range model. But when these are added it pushes the price to close on £30K for the 170 DSG.

Edited by DonjSZ5

It looks better than you'd think and for the small cost increase over the Elegance the extras are well worth it.

I have an Elegance back from before they made an L&K and If I was buying now I would get the L&K no question.

(other than Skoda refusing to make me a red one, but that's a different story...)

• Like 1

I saw it - I hated it.

My missus saw it - she hated it too.

We asked the dealer - can this be changed as a special order - answer "no".

We bought an Elegance - and ordered black alcantara, nicer wheels for it also (Matterhorns) and our choice of roof colour.

Agreed the L&K is better "value" than a spec'd up Elegance, but there is less personalisation options on the L&K - you pretty much get what you're given.

I saw it - I hated it.

My missus saw it - she hated it too.

We asked the dealer - can this be changed as a special order - answer "no".

We bought an Elegance - and ordered black alcantara, nicer wheels for it also (Matterhorns) and our choice of roof colour.

Agreed the L&K is better "value" than a spec'd up Elegance, but there is less personalisation options on the L&K - you pretty much get what you're given.

This is what I'm worried about, from the pics both me and the other half think it looks a bit nasty. Value for money though it's a question of can I put up with the colour for the sake of having (in particular) the sun roof and DAB radio...

I saw my local dealer had some L&K Octavias in yesterday so thought I would chance it and see if they were the brown leather but both of these were black leather with a suede type middle (is this the alacantra?) It looked really nice. Such a shame Skoda don't give you the option to change this!

This is possibly why some say you can get a good deal on the L&K model.

Just spec up an Elegance and get precisely what you want. The cost will be much the same.

There are three Octy L&Ks at my local stealer and I had a good nose round.

It's quite a dark brown, not offensive but still brown. One thing I did notice is subtle differences in shade between two of the vehicles, I guess a variance is to be expected.

I could live with it for sure, currently pondering the L&K or the elegance. The Elegance is winning by a neck at the moment purely because the interior comes in colours I find a touch more pleasing and feel I could live with more easily on a long term basis.

As DonjSZ5 mentioned, finding a body colour that suits the interior may be tricky, for reference, the three Octys at the stealer were in Cappuccino, metallic red (dunno the proper name) and silver, personally, I thought the silver worked best of the three.

Now if the L&K interior came in a black option, well...

We've had our L&K 4 months now and don't even notice the brown leather any more.(Our yeti is bright silver.)

It's like very dark brown chocolate (the same in a superb L&K.)

We specced ours with the wood effect L&K dashboard trim to match,and a reversing camera.

The panoramic roof is fabulous as well.

Remember at resale time that a specced up Elegance will be worth less than a L&K.

• Like 1

This is possibly why some say you can get a good deal on the L&K model.

Just spec up an Elegance and get precisely what you want. The cost will be much the same.

Had a look at doing this but the price I've found is about £20 a month (on a PCP) difference for the L&K above the Elegance where as if I were to add in the sun roof and DAB the elegance comes out about £40 more again. 

Will do some more hunting this week as I was hoping to put my order in this weekend.

Thanks for the responses so far :)

I made the mistake of buying a car with a brown interior many years ago, ugh!, only kept it a year.

Never again, currently have the alcantura black, as a change from the last car which was just the plain black leather.

This looks really good in a white car.

I even quite like the new metal trim colour on the dash that other s had changed for the older silver colour.

I posted a load of pics of TIBET III's interior in a previous thread. I'll find said thread when I get home if you don't find it first.

I have yet to find anyone that doesn't like it but that's with Tibetan Bronze paint, might not be so good with some colours but each to their own (not that I can say that...!).

• Like 1

Hi we have had our L&K for 3 weeks now we went for magnetic brown as we thought it would be a good match for the leather. 

A few people we told about the spec of the car before we got it didn't like the brown leather but so far everybody who has seen the car since we got it like the interior.  

When we ordered it I was not sure what to think of the brown leather but was pleasantly surprised when the car arrived, also ordered the electric memory seat witch give much more adjustment then the manual seat. 

+1 for the electric seat. It transforms the comfort of the driving position. I could not get it right before as the squab angle was wrong. I had to accept a compromise in seat height and position to ameliorate this. 

After 100 miles in the old car I was getting uncomfortable, no problems in the new one.

With the squab angle correct there is much more choice in comfortable height and fwd/back positions, and you get the electric folding mirrors as well with the really useful dipping of the passenger mirror on reversing.

Pics do not do the interior any favours I have the L&K & brown is a misleading description of the colour, closer to chocolate & not pale milk chocolate.

More between milk & dark chocolate, slightly into the dark, it does not stand out or blend in & disappear into the black interior. See if you can get a look at any model that is L&K spec.

I have Muscavado metallic, but there are a few that have gone with the Jungle Green, & both colours do compliment the interior.

When it comes to options, that is personal, I LOVE KESSY  but the electric folding mirrors setup for this has been completely forgotten about, it is more for people who do not have this system. I would not have electric seats but others would have them.

The park assist that comes a std i thought would be a gimmick that would not get used - It is a great piece of tech that actually works & once it has been used a few times becomes a useful part of the car.

Yup I have it and I'd say it's my favourite part about the interior, I have the magnetic chocolate metallic and think they work a treat together.

Buying anything is personal, no matter what it is. It is even more difficult buying a car because you can rarely, if ever, test drive or even see the vehicle you think you would like. By this I mean with all the options that YOU want or may find a use for. When I configured ours I selecetd things that might or might not be used but which have become the most useful, even more so than some items which are standard. If you have children you should think safety first so I selected the rear side airbags, ISOFIX front seat and a spare wheel as we will be carrying our grandson. As there will be two drivers I did not want the hassle (and it is hassle) of having to re-adjust the drivers seat and mirrors everytime either of us got in. Opening the door and watching the electric seat adjust itself along with the mirrors...well enough said. Then came the Park Assist, I wanted front sensors and when messing with the figures, for an additional £200 I could have PA...would I use it I did not know but it was selected. In fact it has become an item I cannot wait to use even stopping and parking when I don't need to just to see it in action. As for that expensive (£1100) Panoramic roof it to has been a joy to have...if only keeping the grandson entertained by opening and closing the screen. We did not need £1600 of radio sat nav which I must say is excessive considering you can get a sat nav for £70...yes it has wires showing but hey that's £1530 saved.

We can only guide you on the leather colour but in short you should try to view the option even if they are in different vehicles and satisfy yourself what you need and what colour they are. PS We like the Champaign dash trim.

My only very small gripe is the Cruise Control switch. It is very easy to leave it in the ON position and very easy to accidentally activate it unknowingly. Turning the wheel, slip of the hand, hit the end of the stalk. Yes a green icon does appear in the instrument cluster but it is a dim light. I use Cruise all the time and always have done since having it on our Vitara, the wife does not so I must always remember to deactivate it after use. 

Edited by DonjSZ5
  • Like 1

Had a look at doing this but the price I've found is about £20 a month (on a PCP) difference for the L&K above the Elegance where as if I were to add in the sun roof and DAB the elegance comes out about £40 more again. 

Will do some more hunting this week as I was hoping to put my order in this weekend.

Thanks for the responses so far :)

Fleetprices.co.uk L&K 170 TDI Yeti lease rate was a cheaper option then the standard Elegance Yeti 170 4x4, I am not sure why.

Unfortunately they do not have the same deals available after the 2nd quarter has finished. The best alternative option I have seen so far is going through a lease search through whatcar.com. Not sure if this is what you are after though as its not a PCP. 

I have another 11 weeks to wait for my L&K order.........aarrgh.

It seems that the Brown Leather on the L&K cars is like Marmite, you either love it or hate it, there is no in between.

I wanted a Jungle Green Yeti and believe that a black or ivory interior would not suit the exterior colour.

I wasn't a great fan of the brown colour but was not prepared to pay extra to spec an Elegance to the same level as the L&K and as I have said before

had a colour at odds with the exterior.

After a week I really like it, not that I'll ever like Marmite.

I feel I made the right choice and put the money I saved towards the electric drivers seat etc.,

The brown leather is marmite - and it seems it affected sales of the L&K model - our dealer told us they had seen sales of the L&K slip to 1/5th of previous levels since the introduction of the brown leather. And an upshift in orders for Elegance models as a result.

Thanks all for your input on this, the comments have confirmed what I originally thought, that I need to see it for myself before putting my order in. Just a matter of trying to locate one now...