Disposing of a non-deployed airbag

Having recently purchased a second hand seat and removed some of the parts to replace a few bits on mine I'm now left with most of a front seat in parts. Disposing of the foam and metal etc. shouldn't be a problem, but where and how do you dispose of a non-deployed airbag? I'd rather not deploy it before getting rid of it, due to the mess.

Find an empty field, car battery, wiring and video it. :D

Put something over it to soften the explosion though. They can jump about 7-8 ft

Sent from my Galaxy S5

Stick it under someone's chair and wire it up to a car battery. That'll do the trick :p

Oh why didn't someone think of this this weekend?  I have a spare Octy vRS airbag too!  That could have given someone a shock as they sat down?!  :D

It is illegal to send an undeployed airbag to landfill. Individuals have also been taken to court for leaving airbags at recycling centres or putting them in domestic waste. If you contact the local dealer they may dispose of it for you.

If you want to deploy it, then do it whilst it is still attached to the car/seat (from a safe distance).

• 3 weeks later...