octavia vrs mk1 performance parts

Just to put my two cents in, sometimes on ebay you can bid on downpipe sports cat combo and the end price is usually between £100-110. A custom exhaust place local to me can build a system for my car to match the downpipebuilt to my spec for £200-220. I think this could be the route i go down :)

• Like 1

Havin just sold my octy and all my performance bits, I can honestly say best to get the RARB then go straight to stage 2. For that you need TIP supersize SFS, decat/sports cat, exhaust, FMIC then if you want do the N valve and SAI deletes, CAI or Heatshield and cone filter and then finish off with a r-tech custom map. Should show a proper increase in performance and with the RARB it will go round bends well.

If you've got loads of cash add a LSD to get the power down properly.

Just my 2 cents but I feel stage 1 is pointless miss it and go straight to stage 2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is the whiteline rarb really the place to start handling wise with the mk1s? Mine definately needs something, my old astra felt alot nicer through the corners, which really isnt saying much.

I think the remaps are pretty fair price wise but I wouldn't now Wat intercooler to go for or how much they are I mean I see the forge ones but there quite alot,does anyone Eva put used ones on here? And I have to ask Wat is a supersized tip?

The used ones come up every now and then. The supersize TIP is a turbo intake pipe most silicone ones make little to no difference you need the supersize one for increased performance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How does the rarb transform the octavia handling wise?

As the Octy is quite a long car and not the best designed to handle couple this with the fact if was built like this from the factory, if not it would of been in direct competition with VW and Audi performance cars( something Skoda agreed not to do) including price the car appropriately it is no wonder we can get the car to handle better. As a lot of the cars poor stability is in the back end the car can pitch and roll a bit when taken briskly this soon can be felt at the front end.

So by fitting a external rear anti roll bar this makes the car behave a hell of a lot better by strengthening the rear end and making car drive more level. This allows better grip and transforms the car like no other chassis mod will. This should be the first handling mod even before suspension change as it is like night and day to the feel of the way the car handles. Then when you get used to that you can start modding chassis further like the mad folks like me..[emoji4]

I hit a lump of tarmac on the road today aswell and I've got dripping water underneath Wat have I broke?

The crystal ball is not working as good as it used to[emoji4]

I will kinda think perhaps you have maybe cracked sump and or damaged radiator in some way. It depends what colour engine oil warning light you have. Think red is bad as it is low pressure could be linked to loss of oil or loss of flow through oil pump.

Water loss is maybe a hose split etc.

But stop driving it and get it checked properly is my advice.

All Is good 3/4 up dipstick and no more water dripping I sometimes get white smoke sat in traffic not all the time just every now and then out the exhaust I'm using no water at all

If you can get to Chesham, Bucks. J18 M25. There is a Whiteline dealer right by my house, did a great deal and fitted aswell.

Remaps there is a more bhp dealer in Slough which are good, I went to R-tech for my map but its not exactly local....