typical....

Aint it just typical, about to head to on a 250mile round trip this afternoon -

service due in 100.... not a problem, was going to be booking it in after lunch with my local indy for next Mon/Tues, who did my brakes change earlier this yr,

and just now i jump in to go get milk for lunch before heading - Low Coolant light flashes at me!!

first time its ever happened with any of my cars between services, though to be fair, service is literally just due...

turned around and came home to check, took the other halfs car to the shop.

next stop motor factors for a top, and make that call to the indy!

Well, i thought i posted  a response while having dinner at the half point last night -

all was good, i topped up the resevoir with Prestone "any colour, pour straight in" coolant.

No problems on the full trip, no loss that i can see.

and, it will be getting its full service this week with a bit of luck - inc its second cambelt change

(thought it was due at last change but apparently it was altered to 100k for the first then every 60k not 50k :think:  )

So its all good, just thought it was typical that right when im due service im needed on a couple of long runs,

and the coolant level drops, right on the interval :D

So, my indy couldnt get me in, but its okay, only just over interval by a 100mls.

Just checked coolant, alls good, no excess use, topped up me washer bottle.

but i noticed some thin foam hanging from under the engine cover.

i presume its just some sound deadening, crap? it had literallly fallen out, and crumbled as i tried to remove it??

If the low coolant warning comes on on a regular basis and you're topped up then it can be the two probes to the coolant level sensor that have corroded. Worth taking a look.

Nah, it just came on the one time when it was genuinely low. went out after a top up, and hasnt used anything excessive since and lights stayed off.

I notice though since topping up that the coolant temp gauge sits on 90 perfectly while mway cruising,

but drops back to around 80 ish when speeds drop to around 50mph and sitting in 5th in traffic since i topped it up????