New badges fitted

I'm having problems with these new badges. They keep lifting on one side or the other. They did say something about the old badges being curved and the new ones flat (or vice versa).

I haven't heard anyone else mention this? Have they fitted the wrong ones?

You should have two flat badges fitted as that's what i have fitted myself on my Twindoor. The combi is the same too. The two old style ones i took off were also flat rather than the curved ones. So either they are talking rubbish about the old ones being curved or they have fitted curved ones to your car rather than the flat ones off the Citigo. I believe the ones they fit now to the current Superb are possibly the curved ones so maybe they have just ordered the ones they fit to new Superbs rather than the ones from the Citigo.

Did thery remove all the remnants of the old sticky pads / glue when they removed the old badges??? I spent a good 10 minutes on each one before fitting the new badges to remove all traces of the old glue / sticky pads from the bodywork.

Cheers

Dave.

Another reason for the lifting could be that they washed/valeted the car before returning it to you,

I know that some of the adhesives used to stick the badges on should be left at least 24 hours before being washed,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hey Guys, This is my first post all the way from sunny Australia. I have also replaced the front and rear badges with the new style. There was a re-call on badges due to them fading or peeling. The outer lamination was lifting away. My dealer wanted to put the old style badge back on and it took a little while but I eventually replaced them with the new style. Makes the car look much newer and more fresh. I think the old badge is dated and I like the new style badge.

Edited by Shakey063
  • Like 1

You should have two flat badges fitted as that's what i have fitted myself on my Twindoor. The combi is the same too. The two old style ones i took off were also flat rather than the curved ones. So either they are talking rubbish about the old ones being curved or they have fitted curved ones to your car rather than the flat ones off the Citigo. I believe the ones they fit now to the current Superb are possibly the curved ones so maybe they have just ordered the ones they fit to new Superbs rather than the ones from the Citigo.

Did thery remove all the remnants of the old sticky pads / glue when they removed the old badges??? I spent a good 10 minutes on each one before fitting the new badges to remove all traces of the old glue / sticky pads from the bodywork.

Cheers

Dave.

Sound advice I did my front badge this morning after buying a generic badge from a  certain auction site, they were completely pants as the adhesive didn't even come up to the top of the badge so it wouldn't even meet the black adhesive rubber ring from the old badge on the grill

A Genuine skoda badge just under £20 from a dealer but just make sure you remove all of the old black adhesive rubber and the glue from it and then push the new badge on, the larger of the two plastic rear fittings is push fit so that means you do need to press hard and that's it done

I'm not sure what they did or didn't do when they fitted them, but they are going to fall off sooner or later. Pants.

Iirc, the old badges were curved at the edges, and the new ones are flat, hence the problem. Is there a curved version of the new badge? There are lots of people with all sorts of ages of car that have swapped the badges, I don't recall anyone else having this problem?

I'm not sure what they did or didn't do when they fitted them, but they are going to fall off sooner or later. Pants.

Iirc, the old badges were curved at the edges, and the new ones are flat, hence the problem. Is there a curved version of the new badge? There are lots of people with all sorts of ages of car that have swapped the badges, I don't recall anyone else having this problem?

There are curved versions but the Superb has flat badges front and rear.

The new badges do have three little locating lugs on the back that need to be removed when fitting them to a Superb. Maybe they have left them on and that is why they aren't sitting flush?

You can see them in this pic of one of my badges taken before I took them off.

Cheers

Dave.

post-9093-0-79978900-1406600298_thumb.jpg

I have this problem too the front badge looks like it needed to be very slightly curved. The sides of the badge arnt fully stuck down but 4 months later its still on quite firmly. Its the sort of thing only i notice because i know about it. I did think id put it on slightly off centre or dun something wrong so at least i know im not alone.

I have this problem too the front badge looks like it needed to be very slightly curved. The sides of the badge arnt fully stuck down but 4 months later its still on quite firmly. Its the sort of thing only i notice because i know about it. I did think id put it on slightly off centre or dun something wrong so at least i know im not alone.

The badge is flat when bought as a replacement, the old badges for the car I have were curved on a plastic base with two locating lugs, that was basically stuck to the adhesive rubber ring underneath it that in turn stuck to the paintwork, the lugs were used to center the badge so the Skoda emblem was correctly aligned

The new Skoda supplied badge is adhesive up to the edge of the badge and is a simple push fit and it is designed to fit flush to the paintwork so the glue doesn't degrade with water contact, most generic badges from a certain auction site won't fit flat to the paintwork in fact the rear badge on my car came from there and it is mounted on the aforementioned black plastic mount with one of it's locating lugs pushed into a hole I drilled in the mount

That incidentally is held by UHU glue to the mount and the mount to the rubber ring because the pattern part badge's adhesive material won't meet the rubber ring being below the level of the badge edge, those badges were £16 plus postage, a Skoda badge from the dealership came in at under £20 so when I redo the rear badge it will be a genuine Skoda item now

post-119752-0-93453000-1406959223_thumb.jpgpost-119752-0-36700900-1406959196_thumb.jpgpost-119752-0-84139900-1406959165_thumb.jpg

Hey Guys, This is my first post all the way from sunny Australia. I have also replaced the front and rear badges with the new style. There was a re-call on badges due to them fading or peeling. The outer lamination was lifting away. My dealer wanted to put the old style badge back on and it took a little while but I eventually replaced them with the new style. Makes the car look much newer and more fresh. I think the old badge is dated and I like the new style badge.

• Like 1

Black badges with black number plates on a white car look very nice

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk

Yes, I've had the black and white plates for years. They do look a little more classy. I've also dark tinted the windows which makes the car stand out especially after a wash. It's one of the nicest cars I've owned. Fully loaded, Reverse Camera (Audi parts) mats, roller blinds ,KESSY, park assist, tow bar, boot moulds, mud flaps, Steering wheel paddles, 3 spoke steering wheel, Passat CC Mags, Sun Roof. It's a great car.

Edited by Shakey063

have you had any problems with the badges lifting away like mine?

Can you take some close up pics so we can see what you mean is happening with them?

Cheers

Dave.

• Like 1

have you had any problems with the badges lifting away like mine?

No, I've had no problems. The badges supplied to me were flat. I read somewhere that someone ordered curved badges. The Superb badges are flat. I made sure I preped the area before applying the badges. Once I removed the old badges I used 'Prepsol' to clean the surface. I then used white spirits to make sure it was clean. I also made sure it was a warm day. The two way tape on the back of the badges doesn't like cold weather. So either garage the car or do it on a warm day.

Ok i just wanted to confirm something for the guys above who have said their Superb has curved badges..... The Superb has flat badges fitted and not curved. By this we mean the BACK of the badge is flat not the front/top. The front/top will be curved this isn't what we are talking about when we say the badge is flat etc....

I'm assuming this is where the confusion is coming from. My original badges were indeed curved or domed on the front/top but the bases/backs were flat and so were the replacements (Actually from a CitiGo if you are ordering them).

Hope this stops any further confusion. 

Cheers

Dave.

• Like 1

Ok i just wanted to confirm something for the guys above who have said their Superb has curved badges..... The Superb has flat badges fitted and not curved. By this we mean the BACK of the badge is flat not the front/top. The front/top will be curved this isn't what we are talking about when we say the badge is flat etc....

I'm assuming this is where the confusion is coming from. My original badges were indeed curved or domed on the front/top but the bases/backs were flat and so were the replacements (Actually from a CitiGo if you are ordering them).

Hope this stops any further confusion. 

Cheers

Dave.

Thanks for this Dave. I will take some pictures, but for now I hope this explanation will help.

The new style badge, as fitted to my car, looks like it needs to be curved to fit properly - either on the inside, or as a whole. If you look at the badge square on, it comes unstuck in the 3 o'clock position and/or the 9 o'clock position. It looks to me like the badge is flat, and although it'll stick for a short time, the badge wants to stay flat and so unsticks from the 3/9 positions.

I think the "old style" green badges had a slight curve on the back to match the contour of where the badge sticks to.

Thanks for this Dave. I will take some pictures, but for now I hope this explanation will help.

The new style badge, as fitted to my car, looks like it needs to be curved to fit properly - either on the inside, or as a whole. If you look at the badge square on, it comes unstuck in the 3 o'clock position and/or the 9 o'clock position. It looks to me like the badge is flat, and although it'll stick for a short time, the badge wants to stay flat and so unsticks from the 3/9 positions.

I think the "old style" green badges had a slight curve on the back to match the contour of where the badge sticks to.

The old style badges are definitely totally flat on the back except for two locating pins/lugs as i still have mine that i took off the front and rear of the car. ;)

Are both your badges doing this or just one of them??? Really does sound like either the incorrect badges have been fitted (Dont forget that you need to install badges from a current CitiGo and not a current Superb), Or the correct badges have been fitted but the old residue from the old badge/badges has not been removed therefore meaning the new badges are not sitting flush against the body or grille.

Cheers

Dave.

Something i've just thought of..... Do you have the paperwork for the work carried out? This will give you the part number they used for the badge. If you don't have it i'd call the delaership and ask them for the part number that they fitted. Then you can check with us on here to see if it's the same part number as we all bought ourselves and fitted. At least then if they have used the CitiGo badges we know to discount the wrong badges theory and it then looks to be maybe the old backing not being removed or the three locating pins on the back of the new badges, that aren't required when using them on a Superb, weren't fully removed etc....

Cheers

Dave.

• Like 1