New badges fitted

yes, both front and rear badges are doing exactly the same thing.

2SkodaFamily,

Something has gone wrong. Without seeing photos I'm not much help. I purchased my badges from Super Skoda over the internet. But I'm assuming being in UK...parts is not an issue for you as it is for me. The badges were flat on the rear of the badge. (As per WaveyDavey comments) Preparing the area is vital before sticking the new ones on. When you peel the backing tape off the new badge...try not to touch the glue area. The more you touch...the less sticky it becomes.  Make sure the surface is clean of old glue. Make sure you put them on during a warm day or place your car into a garage and shut doors. Try to heat the area up with a hair dryer. The adhesive tape on the new badges doesn't like cold weather. The only other thing I did was place a very small blob (Dollop) of liquid rubber in the centre of the new badge. Then pressed hard for five minutes. They are as good as a factory fit. When I mentioned liquid rubber, I actually mean silicone. The same type of stuff you seal your bath with to keep it water tight. Not too much....just a small dollop in the centre of the badge. Try this.....it worked for me. The only thing I can't send you over is warm weather. You'll have to find that for yourself.  

Edited by Shakey063

yes, both front and rear badges are doing exactly the same thing.

Haven't really read this thread in toooo much detail but judging by the fact that a dealer fitted this during warranty work, I would imagine that they have merely ordered current Skoda Superb badges, rather than the Citigo badges.

• Like 2

Better late than never...pics!! Sorry about the orientation, I did rotate them in Photobucket but it hasn't translated to the webpage.

As I said in the earlier post, they are lifting at the 3 and 9 positions.

20140807_172145_zps1ec5356a.jpg

20140807_172208_zps09aa25ee.jpg

20140807_172245_zps98261609.jpg

Id say they haven't cleared the area of old residue before fitting the new badges or have fitted the wrong badges.

Like i said above id ask them for the part numbers they used to see if they are the correct badges. Then at least you know to go back to them saying they have fitted the wrong badges or to go back saying you want them fitting correctly this time with all the previous glue and residue removing fully first.

If it's any use I can take pics of mine so you can see that the flat badges are the ones required and that they fit perfectly.

Cheers

Dave.

• Like 1

I have an 11 plate superb estate with the old style badges.

Can anybody help with the correct part numbers for the front grill badge, rear boot badge, 4 x badges on the alloys and the one on the airbag on the steering wheel?

Many thanks

Okay thanks for that Martin. Is it best just to go into the main dealer and get the badges?

I am just a bit worried that others seem to have been given the wrong badges e.g curved and not flat

Based on my experience, I would make sure that you know what you want, and order it yourself using the part number. I stand to be corrected by others who have been more successful than me, but it seems the Citigo badges are what is needed, NOT the badges from the current Superb.

As for the wheel badges, I don't know. I assume that the same badge is used for all models?

For Superb 3T MK2 you need 2x of this:

1ST 853 630 A AUL (90mm diameter, flat)

Fitted them to my SuperB hatch (MY2010) with no issues...

Those small black "pipes" that are behind, take them off (can not use them) by push by thumb/finger, and to center-position new badge use your good eyes...;)

• Like 1

Okay thanks for the part numbers. I have seen the above shown as the part number for the rear badge but I have also been told that part number 1ST 853 601 A AUL is for the front badge? Is this correct?

Or is it best to get two of the 1ST 853 630 A AUL badges as do they fit both front and rear?

Thanks

Okay brilliant thanks how do the old badges come off? Do they need carefully prising off?

Put masking tape on the bodywork around and under the edge of the old badge. Now get a hairdryer and use it on the badge to warm up the existing glue under the old badge. After maybe 10-15 seconds try prising the old badge up carefully and then reapplying the hairdryer and keep going like this till the old badge is removed.

Once it's off you need to remove any remaining glue residue from the bodywork by using either the hairdryer and an old credit card or with some alcohol cleaner. Once it's all cleaned up remove the three little lugs from the back of the new badge then remove the stickyback covering and carefully position the badge in place making sure it is lined up and level.

Cheers

Dave.

• Like 1

Okay brilliant thanks how do the old badges come off? Do they need carefully prising off?

As per WaveyDavey  ....heat them up with a hair dryer. You can also use fishing line placed behind the badge and gently worked downwards to prize the badge off. This way there is no damage to your panels. You can also use dental floss. Make sure the area is clean and all old glue removed before putting new badges on. Prior to removing the backing tape from the new badge...place them where you think they will go. Consider using a felt tipped pen and mark a dot on you paint work and one on your badge. They way you ensure it's level and lined up. Don't try to re-align once you've stuck it down. That's when it will start to lift off.

• 3 weeks later...

Fitted all my badges today. Took me about an hour to do front, back and wheels. I used the hair dryer method but used a plastic trim tool to lever the badges off. Got rid of the glue using WD40. I must say it does look so much better. My car is in brilliant silver so the silver and black badges suit it well I think. Anything is better than those old green badges that look cheap compared to the new ones.

• Like 1

Good morning all,

New to the site as picking up the 'new' car for the Mrs tomorrow.

i noticed that the front badge had some grazing/discolouration and am interested in this simple upgrade.

so to confirm i simply need to order 2x 1ST 853 630 A AUL (90mm diameter, flat) from the current Citigo from my local Skoda dealer to replace the two badges on our 09 Elegance?

Will also look at the wheel caps, do we have a part number for these for the 18" wheels?

Thanks in advance,

Giles.

Yep you need to order 2 x 1ST 853 630 A AUL and I ordered 4 x 5JA601151ULM which are the centre caps. I assume they are a universal fit on all wheels but don't take my word for it. I got all of them from skodaparts.com.

Thats great guys much appreciated.

seems Skoda shop will sell the lot for under £60, do we know if Skoda (who i pass on way to work) are similar price or is the website a good saving for OEM parts?

Picked the car up this evening and very impressed with the first 50 miles driven.  Lots of toys to play with.  Any other obvious upgrades people suggest?

From a good root around the car this evening would look to sit between the Passat i previously had and the VW Phaeton i traded in for a boring 508SW in terms of fit and quality.

look forward to a good valet and some paint correction later this week :sun:

the green badges were so repugnant to me that I only finally decided to buy a superb once I found I could get rid of them.

Did consider a greenline but again the wing decal would have had to go.

Interesting - Do you use that philosophy with all your purchases? :D

• Like 1