New badges fitted

to some extent. I will not buy clothes with some manufacturer name emblazoned on them but the green decal was just asthenic consideration.. 

Looks like I am not alone either with the greenline sticker , http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/220353-greenline-sticker/

The dealer in Gloucester would not allow a test drive 9 miles away where I live that is just one hill after another as opposed to a flat Gloucester so I was too nervous to go for the greenline.

2skodafamily...... Did you ever get to the bottom of the problems you had with the badges? Had the dealer fitted the wrong one's or was it how they had fitted them?

To be honest, I've just let it go completely. I'll wait until they fall off then replace them with Citigo badges and then I'll know it's the right badge, fitted properly. :-)

Not really an issue with the front badge but under the rear badge are two holes in the bodywork where the original badge had locating lugs. If you leave the badge till it falls off this would mean a prolonged period of time where water would be getting into these holes and possibly causing bigger issues. ;)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yep those are fine. Maybe check with your local dealer as you may find they are cheaper than those ebay prices. My own dealer is currently a couple of quid each cheaper for the front and rear badge but a couple of quid more for the set of four centre caps so still a couple of quid cheaper overall. ;)

• Like 1

I have seen the centre wheel caps numbers quoted as 5JA601151ULM and also as 5JA601151FOD somewhere in this forum and also on various Skoda sites. Does anyone know the difference. I am a bit confused now. I want to make sure I order the correct parts. Example Skodaparts quote ULM and Caffyns Skoda quote FOD.

thanks, Andy

No difference between them. Damo fitted one version to his Superb then a month later i fitted the other varient to mine as that is what my dealer had in stock. The parts guys at the dealership looked up both numbers and couldn't see why there were two part numbers for what is the same part. They even have the same description etc... as each other in their parts system and both show as available so he couldn't even say one had replaced the other etc.....

In the end i took the ones they had (With the alternate part number to the ones Damo had used) and they said they would order me the other part number if they didn't fit but they fitted perfectly.

• Like 1

Have ordered the Centre caps from ebay, but the two badges I have ordered from the local dealer, works out a few pound cheaper that way.

Once again that's for the tip Wavey Davey.

No worries, glad i could help. ;)

Hi have just fit new style badge to rear on mk2 superb .can anybody advise me as to how to take front one off ? Looking underneath there are 2clips +like a centre pin and then a black screw do these keep the chrome trim attached or not. Or is badge just stuck on like rear .

Kwmax, my front badges were stuck on the same as the rear. Took a bit more removal time than the rear (guessing more weathered and the heat from the engine over time affecting the adhesive). Either way it was a hair dryer and plastic opening tool for me with some masking tape.

. Thanks I found some of my fishing line pulled down the back in a saw action did the job the old creditcard completed it so thanks again I did suspect that clips etc held the actual chrome trim across front of bonnet John

• 9 months later...

Hi Folks,

I have a 2009 Superb and wanted to put on the new badges. I went to my local Skoda dealer and bought a new 90mm badge. The problem is it's CURVED......AHHHH. Crap!!!!!

For anyone who doesn't know, when you remove the old green type badge, there is a black plastic dome underneath. This is the one with the two plastic guides that fit the two holes and this is then stuck to the car bodywork with sticky tape. The IMPORTANT thing here is that the back of this dome is flat, meeting the body work. So long story short, the new badge being curved will not sit flush onto the body work. I thought about trying to heat it and bend it, or even using grip-fill to stick it on.....but at the end of the day I gave in because it is obviously not suitable for a decent fitted job. I simply need a badge for the boot door that is FLAT  and can stick evenly to the bodywork.

From my inspection of the bonnet one, it looks to have the same curve, so assuming the badge here will have to be FLAT also.

Anyone else seeing the same things as me??

Where can i buy the flat badges?

help please????:)

thanks lads:)

John 

Ireland

There are curved versions but the Superb has flat badges front and rear.

The new badges do have three little locating lugs on the back that need to be removed when fitting them to a Superb. Maybe they have left them on and that is why they aren't sitting flush?

You can see them in this pic of one of my badges taken before I took them off.

Cheers

Dave.

Hi, 

I found out the hard way today that the new badge i got for my 2009 superb is CURVED and doesn't sit on the flat paintwork.

Where did you get the flat ones and I'm assuming both need to be flat for the front and rear? 

thanks

Okay thanks for that Martin. Is it best just to go into the main dealer and get the badges?

I am just a bit worried that others seem to have been given the wrong badges e.g curved and not flat

Yes, it happened me today:( DO NOT get a curved badge. When you take off the old one and then remove the black plastic dome, the new badge will need to sit flush and even onto the painted bodywork. despite every which way i tried, the curve one will not work.....it needs to be completely flat. NOT sure about the bonnet one, but guessing that should be flat also.

As mentioneed hete MORE then once...BOTH badges for Superb NEEED to be FLAT !

I donnt see where the problem is...?

You need 2x of the:

1ST 853 630A

Edited by Nickolaidis

For Superb 3T MK2 you need 2x of this:

1ST 853 630 A AUL (90mm diameter, flat)

Fitted them to my SuperB hatch (MY2010) with no issues...

Those small black "pipes" that are behind, take them off (can not use them) by push by thumb/finger, and to center-position new badge use your good eyes... ;)

Hi Nickolaidis,

unfortunately, I went to my main local Skoda dealer and they gave me a superb new style badge to try, but it's CURVED:(

So can I double check a few things with you please:

• 1ST 853 630 A AUL (90mm diameter, flat) - Looks like this is definitely the one I need, the fact it says FLAT. that is exactly what's needed for the boot door. how did you stick it on? Anything other than the sticky that comes with it?
  • Did this also fit the front bonnet?
  • Mine is a 2009 MK2 model.
  • where did you order them?
  • are these actually the same as the badges on the Citgo?

Thanks

Hi Nickolaidis,

unfortunately, I went to my main local Skoda dealer and they gave me a superb new style badge to try, but it's CURVED:(

• 1ST 853 630 A AUL (90mm diameter, flat) - Looks like this is definitely the one I need, the fact it says FLAT. that is exactly what's needed for the boot door. how did you stick it on? Anything other than the sticky that comes with it?

Thanks

Yes, those are the badges you need.....

Hi Nickolaidis,

• 1ST 853 630 A AUL (90mm diameter, flat) - Looks like this is definitely the one I need, the fact it says FLAT. that is exactly what's needed for the boot door. how did you stick it on? Anything other than the sticky that comes with it?
Thanks

Hi,

Yes for the front bonnet and rear boot,

Same part number.

As written, for mounting, remove plastic pin's as you donnt need them (all three), and manually adjust badge and center levrl it using your good eyes only ...:rolleyes:

No tools needed...

Donnt worry from what car this part came, as it will fit to your car 100% positive.

Bought at local Skoda dealer, 15 EUR per one piece.

;)

• Like 1

Hi,

Yes for the front bonnet and rear boot,

Same part number.

As written, for mounting, remove plastic pin's as you donnt need them (all three), and manually adjust badge and center levrl it using your good eyes only ...:rolleyes:

No tools needed...

Donnt worry from what car this part came, as it will fit to your car 100% positive.

Bought at local Skoda dealer, 15 EUR per one piece.

;)

Hi,

thanks a mill for the response. I'm all sorted, badged fitted and looking good.

John

• Like 1

Hi All

Thanks for the parts info, I fitted the front and rear badges today and all went well. I used a card that came with a screen protector for my mobile phone(the card you use to get the bubbles out)..it went behind the badge and I worked it round until the badge popped off, then the black backing I "rolled" with my finger and it all came off with no bits left at all.

One questions any tips on how to get the wheel centres off, I am reluctant to take each wheel off and was considering sticking a small screwdriver in the middle and prizing them off that way..I assume there is nothing directly behind I could damage?

Any tips would be appreciated.

One questions any tips on how to get the wheel centres off, I am reluctant to take each wheel off and was considering sticking a small screwdriver in the middle and prizing them off that way..I assume there is nothing directly behind I could damage?

Any tips would be appreciated.

You could try screwing a self tapping screw into the centre of each badge (there is a good ½” void behind the caps) then pull on the screw with a pair of pliers... they are quite a tight fit though.

You could try screwing a self tapping screw into the centre of each badge (there is a good ½” void behind the caps) then pull on the screw with a pair of pliers... they are quite a tight fit though.

That sounds like a good idea..I will give that a try tomorrow.