Park Assist / Speedo clock face

thebigcheese

Well its been a bit hasn't it since I last posted a question, I have since got most of my problems resolved.

I paid extra for Park Assist, and honestly i have not used it once.

I am aware it helps you bay and parallel park but does it help you get out of the spaces? - If so how?

Other than that, I've been doing okay with the digital MPH mod. But i'd really like to know if I could change the clock face on the speedo to something which is more detailed in terms of graduations of speed?

The large MPH is perfect till a call comes over the blue tooth whilst passing through camera zones and then it becomes a slight panic not knowing the speed accurately.

Ref PA, not even once, what a shame because it is very good. It helps you get out of a parallel parked position. Press PA once, put the appropriate indicator on and follow the MD instructions

Hi thebigcheese,

The Local Police recently pulled me over, and said I was doing 110 Km/h in a 100KM/h zone,

my phone has GPS , and when I said my speddo says 106KM/Hr I am actually 100 doing KM/hr.

And I use Navigon Cockpit to verify my speeds

After further discussion he said P*** off, Iv’e since found out depending on,  Tyre Size/Pressure it can influence your Speedo readings.

I wish there was some adjustment, but Local service Dept. say no.

Edited by Gizmo68

No, but the speedo calibration to the Navigon will be. It might be 6% out one day but will change with time. That said, it should always over-read, so it should never show 106 km/h when you're really doing 110.

I agree, the speedo always errs on the legal side. In my case 70mph indicated is 67mph on the satnav whereas 30mph shows 28 on the satnav.

Fred

Well its been a bit hasn't it since I last posted a question, I have since got most of my problems resolved.

I paid extra for Park Assist, and honestly i have not used it once.

I am aware it helps you bay and parallel park but does it help you get out of the spaces? - If so how?

To get out of parking space - press button 2x & turn indicator in direction of exit, worth getting the manual out & look under Park assist in the contents to verify.

I've been doing okay with the digital MPH mod. But i'd really like to know if I could change the clock face on the speedo to something which is more detailed in terms of graduations of speed?

There would be very little point in doing that, since the speedo isn't even accurate to the precision that the digital display suggests.  For example, at 70kph indicated on the Maxidot (I don't have the mhp mod) my Yeti is actually doing 65kph ie 40mph.

If taking a phone call makes it difficult to control your speed accurately, you could try slowing down a bit to give yourself some leeway while you have your conversation.  The speed limit is just that: a limit - you aren't obliged to drive at exactly that speed but no faster.  Given that having even a handsfree phone conversation is reckoned to be almost as distracting as speaking on a non-handsfree phone, it might be a little safer as well...