Unusual plug connector socket

As I've only recently got my Superb estate, I am still finding odd/unusual things, I believe it might possibly have been a Skoda UK demo car, could be wrong, but the Car magazine long term test Superb estate reg number starts OE11 as does my cars, so as a consequence it seems to have been specified up with lots of options, sunset glass, rear park aid, luggage bars/straps in boot, 18" rims etc

Well it has an unusually shaped/sized plug connector in the centre console, under the armrest, it's bigger than USB size, does anybody know what it's for ?

TIA

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What trim level is the car? as most of those options are std fit on an Elegance.

The socket does sound like the MDI

No idea of the trim level, I got it trade from the Volvo dealer I work at,

How do I find out ? is something fitted that makes it dead obvious that it's an elegance or an SE spec car

Edited by ric04vrs

Elegance = leather and electric seats. SE = alcantara middle and artificial leather seats. SE + = as per SE but with electric seats and Amundsen + satnav

No idea of the trim level, I got it trade from the Volvo dealer I work at,

How do I find out ? is something fitted that makes it dead obvious that it's an elegance or an SE spec car

Look up your plate online and you should see it in the description. There are a few sites that allow you to do this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Elegance = leather and electric seats. SE = alcantara middle and artificial leather seats. SE + = as per SE but with electric seats and Amundsen + satnav

It's got the Amundsen SATnav with TMC, electric seats with bolster adjustment, so poss SE+ then ?

It's got the Amundsen SATnav with TMC, electric seats with bolster adjustment, so poss SE+ then ?

Sounds like it.

The most obvious external nod that it's an Elegance will be the chrome strips on the doors.

Confirmed on a car check as SE+

It said that it should have a 6CD changer in the Amundsen unit, is this correct ?

I also now know that I have an issue with the CD unit as I can't get a disc to go in and it won't eject whatever's inside the unit, there is deffo a disc inside as when I tried to push the CD in it caught the rotating disc edge causing a noise,

Can the Amundsen units be stripped down to extricate the stuck disc ?

The Amundsen is single disc, there should be a separate CD changer. The disk in the headunit is possibly the navigation disc. Only the Bolero had the 6 disk built into the main unit.

The Amundsen is single disc, there should be a separate CD changer. The disk in the headunit is possibly the navigation disc. Only the Bolero had the 6 disk built into the main unit.

Is there any reason for me not to be able to eject the nav disc ?

And where is the changer unit hidden ?

No 6-disk changer as far as I know unless added as an extra. But there is a SD card slot to the left of the display. With, say, a 32GB card, you can have thousands of track on tap.

Satnav data is downloaded to the memory of the Amundsen via SD card so unlikely to be navigation disk.

I have not used the CD in two years of ownership - I have all the music I need on three SD cards. However, try selecting media, and CD and then pressing the eject button......just an educated guess!

No 6-disk changer as far as I know unless added as an extra. But there is a SD card slot to the left of the display. With, say, a 32GB card, you can have thousands of track on tap.

Satnav data is downloaded to the memory of the Amundsen via SD card so unlikely to be navigation disk.

I have not used the CD in two years of ownership - I have all the music I need on three SD cards. However, try selecting media, and CD and then pressing the eject button......just an educated guess!

The spec for the SE+ states CD multichanger, not found it, yet anyway

Tried to eject the disc in media, CD, but nothing happens, the display says no CD media iirc

And where is the changer unit hidden ?

In the boot, in the storage cubbyhole.  Might be covered by a panel with a handle on it.  The TV tuner (if fitted) is in here also.

This is the data sheet for the current Amundsen plus which allows you to remove the navigation disk as the data is stored internally

http://www.technisat-automotive.com/en/produkte/produkt.datei.php?id=117〈=en

The early versions of the Amundsen required the navigation disk to be present within the system at all times. I am not sure what the changeover point was, or the external cosmetic differences. Maybe worth trying the eject option whilst in the navigation setup rather than media.

The two versions are differentiated by their names, early ones were named "Amundsen" AKA RNS-310, later ones are named "Amundsen +" AKA RNS-315.

Here is a navigation CD Rom for the Amundsen

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VOLKSWAGEN-FX-RNS310-SKODA-AMUNDSEN-SEAT-DISC-2012-NAVIGATION-SAT-ORYGINAL-/181455680764?_trksid=p2054897.l4275

You can see in compatibility that its compatible with the Amundsen but NOT the plus version.

I have checked the various specifications from the brochure which was April 2013, but also current in 2012 when I got my SE Plus. the SE model has the Bolero music system with integrated 6-CD changer. The additions (over SE spec) for SE Plus were:

4 spoke multi-function leather steering wheel for radio and telephone

‘Amundsen’ satellite navigation †

Electrically adjustable drivers and passenger seat

MDI (Multi Device Interface) and cable for connecting MP3 players

Net below parcel shelf (Hatch only)

Sunset glass from B-pillar back

Textile floor mats

Telephone preparation including Bluetooth® GSM II

† 'Amundsen' satellite navigation removes the 6CD autochanger.

So if it doesn't have the plus symbol after Amundsen on the top of the unit facia, then the map disc will be inside the disc slot

I will try to eject it whilst in nav mode later

• Like 1

I have checked the various specifications from the brochure which was April 2013, but also current in 2012 when I got my SE Plus. the SE model has the Bolero music system with integrated 6-CD changer. The additions (over SE spec) for SE Plus were:

4 spoke multi-function leather steering wheel for radio and telephone

‘Amundsen’ satellite navigation †

Electrically adjustable drivers and passenger seat

MDI (Multi Device Interface) and cable for connecting MP3 players

Net below parcel shelf (Hatch only)

Sunset glass from B-pillar back

Textile floor mats

Telephone preparation including Bluetooth[emoji768] GSM II

† 'Amundsen' satellite navigation removes the 6CD autochanger.

Yep, that's what mine has, so SE+ spec it is

Whatever disc that's inside the unit will not eject whichever way or setting I use,

Does anybody know how to eject the Nav map disc, (if that's what it is) from an Amundsen unit ?

Whatever disc that's inside the unit will not eject whichever way or setting I use,

Does anybody know how to eject the Nav map disc, (if that's what it is) from an Amundsen unit ?

Has the unit actually got a disc in it?

See if it will take another CD

Has the unit actually got a disc in it?

See if it will take another CD

won't take another disc, and when tried to felt spinning disc hitting edge of partially inserted disc