Unusual plug connector socket

Try pressing setup in navigation mode, then select "Database Navigation" this option, according to the manual allows you to view the navigation CD version and may allow you to eject the CD.

The manual is below.

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=web&cd=7&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CFMQFjAG&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.octinfo.com%2Fdownload.php%3Ffile%3Dmanual%2Foctavia2fl%2F05_2009-10_2009%2FA5FL_Octavia_Amundsen_NavigationSystem.pdf&ei=UD7OU4SwBqKg0QWh-IHgCA&usg=AFQjCNEU1xRt0APJHVoToc64EAIduwiIsg&sig2=XUy5TvANL5g1vC9Q3Iyt9A

I'm sure I tried this, but will do it again later

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Right, going back to the original query, the MDI plug connector, I received an MDI to USB lead through the post, P/N 5N0 035 558, just tested it now and I get "this accessory is not supported by this iPhone", it's a 5c, on up to date IOS7

Do I need to do any firmware updates to the car ? Or is it just the fact that I'm using a latest spec iphone ?

I have no idea about the MDI thing, even though I'we got it too. :-P

It's easier to connect it by bluetooth. Go into your phone menu, select bluetooth and add audio device. ;-)

Make iphone visible and do the annoyingly long PIN-code dance.

Think you need an MDI to Apple lightning lead not USB.

Yep, after a bit of interweb research, that is deffo what I need, silly me buying the USB lead

Looking at the manual in the link provided, it looks like pressing the Eject button should eject the disk. Out of interest, does the sat nav function work? If so it suggests that the CD works but perhaps the eject switch is a little sticky.

The manual seems to have very dire warnings about trying to insert a second disk whilst there's one there already!

Looking at the manual in the link provided, it looks like pressing the Eject button should eject the disk. Out of interest, does the sat nav function work? If so it suggests that the CD works but perhaps the eject switch is a little sticky.

The manual seems to have very dire warnings about trying to insert a second disk whilst there's one there already!

Sat nav works fine, guessing the eject button is faulty, would a VCDS scan pull up a fault code ?

Right, I've took the unit out and took the top cover off, deffo map disc in CD drive, had a push and a poke at the mechanism inside, but still can't get the disc to eject,

So if no one else has any other ideas on how to get it to eject, then I'm going to leave it, and just use the MDI or Bluetooth to play my music

Edited by ric04vrs

Invest in a SDHC card - I have a 32GB one and get all your music put on that using Windows Medial Player or iTunes on a PC You can leave the card in the Amundsen unit in the SD card slot.

Make sure to set WMP or iTunes to 'rip' into MP3 format.

• 2 weeks later...

right, i've sorted this CD not ejecting problem, using my new RossTech cable, in the Navigation module, adaptions, CD eject button, operation of this was found to be blocked, i enabled it, now the CD ejects, this was obviously done to stop the disc going "missing" 

at least now if i get an update disc i can get it in the unit,

i'm on V3, does anybody know what the latest available version is ?