more-bhp remaps

I was looking around into mapping my fabia vrs i usually use amd essex witout any problems at all but i came across more-bhp and there in colchester where i live and only charging £199 which i think is very good price, so just wondered if anyone has used tem before and would you recommend them cheers guys. 

I think that most people on this forum would agree with Dan's comment above!

Anyone can map these cars, few can map them well !

Getting a decent map will most certainly help to preserve your standard clutch and turbo.

Fabooka on here keeps getting more and more rave reviews. Plus you don't need to go and see him if you have some form of VCDS. I used Shark personally and have lovely smooth power and torque curves.

• Like 1

i agree with what you both saying i wasnt sure if they was a reputable tuner. it just popped up on google and it says they have services across uk but your right i will just stick with AMD essex cheers though guys

Do AMD have much experience mapping PD's? I can't think offhand of anyone on here with a map off them for the PD. I'm sure there's someone somewhere though!

I'd stick to the likes of Fabooka (Hidden Power), Shark Performance, Unit 18, Jabbasport etc...  who all work with PD's a lot. It's worth the travelling to get that lovely smooth map!

• Like 2

AMD told us at the Rolling Road day they now do Shark remaps.

No way would I go for a cheap unknown over an AMD provided Shark map.

Too many variables that can go wrong! Reputation of a mapper is probably their biggest assets because we rave about them on forums etc drumming up more business!

no youre right about not being cheap i paid £300 for mapping on my last fabia, I do like what i hear about fabokas maps but i dont really understand how to go about doing it with him being in liverpool i think.

ok i dont have access to vag com can i take it anywhere to have this done and is it expensive to have them done. sorry for the questions i just have never mapped a car this way so its a bit new to me 

If you look on the owners map you might be able to find someone who will do it for a few beer tokens failing that I'd go to the nearest reputable re mappers I.e. APR, Jabbasport, Shark whose local agent will be AMD OR W8Performamce in your area

• Like 1

I'd definitely speak to faboka and see what cables etc you need, a vcds cable is only £8 off ebay and I'd say it's one of if not the best map for these. Drove a couple of these with tooty fruity remaps on and what a load of ****e!! Smoke like a train and aggressive to a point it rips the clutch out. Not driven a shark map but sounds similar to the faboka map

• Like 2

AMD told us at the Rolling Road day they now do Shark remaps.

No way would I go for a cheap unknown over an AMD provided Shark map.

Really? That's the first I've heard, PM on it's way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you can't upload or download maps with the vcds, you can only use it for logging. You need another cable for the actual maps?

But yeah, another member of the faboka fan club here :)

Someone one here had his silver vrs done at AMD. Can't remember his user name, but has 16'' 5 spoke gunmetal speed lines/compomotives. I know this because my mate was there getting his mk6 golf gti done.

Hi folks hi have used a remap from blacksmoke remap with a 165bhp was a little unsure that it would be correct and give me 165bhp tho a took ma car too a local dyno for a run and it made 165 bhp no problem great power and tourque would recommend it al in cost me believe it or not £60 defo worth a look had no issues with ma car at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk