For sale is my late fathers Skoda Fabia Greenline, 

Details

2009(09) Registration,
Colour is Candy White,
1.4PD 3 cylinder 80BHP diesel engine,
34K miles showing on the clock,
MOT to May 2015
Tax to June 2015
FSH, including cambelt change in October 2013. FSH is all main dealer except the last which was carried out by an ex. Skoda dealer, now independent.
New front tyres fitted in April 2014 (Bridgestones)
Clutch/DMF replaced in 2012 after the gearbox seal failed which contaminated the clutch and DMF in oil. Work was carried out under warranty.
DPF Pressure sensor replaced with revised part after it failed.
The spec is pretty standard for the Greenline except this one has factory fitted rear parking sensors, also included is a spare wheel and jack which are not part of the standard spec.

My dad was second owner of the car, he bought it in 2009 (Almost 5 years ago) from Progress Skoda in Letchworth and its been in the family ever since. The previous owner was the dealership where it was registered and used as a demonstrator.

The car has all the handbooks, two keys, loads of receipts, all tax discs from new, previous MOT certificates.

The car is 5 years old and has covered 34K miles, most of these driven by my father but more recently I have been using the car. The last time he drove it the car had 31K on the clock, the most recent mileage has been travelling up/down the M3 between Herts and Dorset whilst he was in hospital before he passed away. 60-70MPG+ is easily achievable.

The bad bits:

My dad has inflicted several minor wounds on the car, these are all on the front. There is a tiny dent in the bonnet where he hit the planter on the front wall of the house, there is also a mark on the front bumper where he caught a now demolished wall.

Price £5250

Price REDUCED to £4800 ONO

Now we are in October the tax is no longer transferrable and the new owner will need to purchase a new tax at a cost of £30 for 12 months.

** UPDATE 29/10/2014 **
Price REDUCED to offers in excess of £4200 ONO

Pictures included further down the thread on page 1.

• 4 weeks later...

Just a reminder that this car will be available in three weeks time.

When I drove it to the Briskoda Vulcan bomber meeting a few weeks ago the car run perfectly, its been parked up again since that trip but I'll be using it again in just over a week for a visit to Norfolk.

I have cleaned the interior out, but not yet sorted the exterior.

Any questions, feel free to ask. The family have agreed on a price and would like £5,500

Very sad for you this, so let's hope it goes to a caring home, and that price, it's sure to sell to someone who wants excellent economy.

GL

Thanks, it is difficult but it has to be sold. Apart from me nobody else is insured to drive the car, my mum does not drive so has no need for it. We did debate keeping it, but its an asset that is just sitting around devaluing.

I had to insure it in my name following his death as his insurers terminated the policy when we notified them he had passed away, and it was really cheap to insure as well as run. Cost me £213 to insure with no NCB on 6K per annum.

• 2 weeks later...

Car is now officially for sale, I've had the car cleaned and given it a quick wax coating. Attached to this and the following post are some pictures just taken today.

Click on pictures to enlarge.

Price is £5250

post-47-0-38729000-1409495697_thumb.jpg

post-47-0-49782000-1409495698_thumb.jpg

post-47-0-52386700-1409495699_thumb.jpg

post-47-0-70014500-1409495703_thumb.jpg

post-47-0-55260600-1409495704_thumb.jpg

post-47-0-59239200-1409495705_thumb.jpg

post-47-0-56534100-1409495708_thumb.jpg

post-47-0-12589500-1409495710_thumb.jpg

A quick update

The family would like to sell the car ASAP so we are open to sensible offers, we are going to have to reluctantly sell it to a car dealer if it does not sell privately soon.

Car is still available, and will be moving to be kept at a different location from the 14th September. From this date the car will be with my Sister just to the SW of Cambridge where it can be viewed at anytime. Please send me a PM if interested and I'll forward her phone number.

• 2 weeks later...

Car will be back in Stevenage from Tuesday this week, my sister had one person interested but then it all went quiet.

Today I am speaking to a car dealer who is local to my mum, so this could be the last chance to grab a bargain before it potentially appears on their forecourt. The dealer is ex. Skoda dealer and has already expressed an interest in the car.

We will accept offers, I know what webuyanycar.com will give and what a garage local to my sister has offered. We will sell to whoever offers the best price.

Jonny,

Sorry for the reply delay, notifications appear to be broken on the forum.

As the car is not selling we have taken the decision to reduce the price to aid a quick sale.

New asking price is £4800 ONO

For that you'll get a car that has absolutely nothing wrong with it, apart from the small dent in the bonnet and needs no work doing to it at all for some considerable time.

Car is currently located in Stevenage, which has a mainline train station so getting the car should be no problem.

However we are now in October so the remaining tax is no longer transferrable to the new owner, so the buyer will need to purchase a new road tax which will be £30 for 12 months.

Shown below are some pictures of the dent taken by my sister the other evening.

post-47-0-36421000-1412147559_thumb.jpg

post-47-0-07137600-1412147568_thumb.jpg

post-47-0-72118500-1412147578_thumb.jpg

post-47-0-69908400-1412147587_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Just bumping this as the car is still available, its now located with me in Dorset.

This has got to be the cheapest greenline out there, we've had an offer for selling to a dealer so will take that in a few weeks unless sold.

What offer did the Dealer give? May be worth asking for "offers over x" to get a better deal than the dealer but maybe still pick up a brisky buyer :happy:  Lovely looking car, shame i need a bigger boot!

Spoken to the family, we have now agreed that the sale price will be the first to offer in excess of the direct dealer sale price.

Therefore the family are now prepared to let the car go to the best offer in excess of £4200 which we have been offered as direct sale to a dealer.

Just let me know Alex, at this price the car is a bargain. At the moment it spends 90% of the time just sitting around, since May the mileage covered has been very minimal and its only done 6 miles in October (all this week).

Wow.

That's a bargain.

Shame I don't know anyone who needs a car at the moment...

Should go quick at that price.

Sorry to hear about your dad.

Phil

Unfortunately she's not keen on a white car, which isn't the best way to make a decision. I think it would do her nicely, but it may take some persuading.

:notme: Wimmin eh!?