Cars dead

Hello 'Sxfash'

How many miles since last belt change/ mileage reading now?

Sorry to read about your latest expensive break-down..

It's just hit 155000

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is that the answer to the second question or both in one.

Is that timing chain come off so pistons will have hit the valves / cylinder head so engine is a right off?

Timing belt.

Bad luck Sxfash :(

Stick a belt on it and see how it runs.

I've rebuilt a couple of these now, most could have been fixed quite cheaply without changing valves. Generally the hydrolic caps smash under the rocker cover... if going some speed/high rpm then more damage is done.

Stick a belt on it and see how it runs.

I've rebuilt a couple of these now, most could have been fixed quite cheaply without changing valves. Generally the hydrolic caps smash under the rocker cover... if going some speed/high rpm then more damage is done.

Now why in the hell would you even do this? You need to strip the top end and INSPECT everything, not try and run it smashing more stuff up.

It's an interference engine SOMETHING WILL be damaged, be in no doubt about that.

hutchy, I'm shocked, you should know better than to offer such dumb advice.

• Like 1

Now why in the hell would you even do this? You need to strip the top end and INSPECT everything, not try and run it smashing more stuff up.

It's an interference engine SOMETHING WILL be damaged, be in no doubt about that.

hutchy, I'm shocked, you should know better than to offer such dumb advice.

Why? Because it works.

He's already looking for a replacement engine so has nothing to loose. It doesn't make it a perminant solution just the easiest way to go without "stripping and inspecting" as I said I've stripped and inspected a few failed timing belts now and very little damage is usually done on these engines.

It's irrelevant anyway IMO, the op will take it to a garage who will says it's ****ed and will cost a million pound or we can replace the engine for 2 million pound.

Managed to source a head of a mk4 golf asz of devonutopia so going to start taking my head off an having a look at damage already took rocker cover off an one of the lobes on cam is damaged so god knows what rest is like. Absolutely gutted just hope I can fix it

Managed to source a head of a mk4 golf asz of devonutopia so going to start taking my head off an having a look at damage already took rocker cover off an one of the lobes on cam is damaged so god knows what rest is like. Absolutely gutted just hope I can fix it

Don't forget you need new stretch bolts to fit your unit injectors to the Golf head, your head is scrap now so it doesn't matter as long as the pistons are ok.

Any tips especially to gt injectors out

Did you get my emails with the attachments?  I thought all this was in there?

You need a puller to get injectors out.

Started taking head off tonight but got stuck one of the nuts that holds the exhaust to the turbo was already rounded off bit it's the most awkward on to get to anyone any ideas

Started taking head off tonight but got stuck one of the nuts that holds the exhaust to the turbo was already rounded off bit it's the most awkward on to get to anyone any ideas

Use a nut splitter.

More expense and I've seen someone do it on youtube but just don't want to damage injectors and you know anyone who's selling a turbo kkk or pd150