Menabo Roof Bars ....

Specky

I haven't got a facelift Yeti,  but I think the roof bars are the same anyway.  My comment on the bars:  once fitted,  they are fine;  sturdy,  good looking,  and they do what it says on the tin BUT,  fitting them in the first place is a pain!  Straight out of the box there are lots of adjustmenbts to make in order to fit them,  and its a lot easier if there are two of you.  You have to cut the rubber filler strips that go inside the channels to size...the top ones are easy,  just cut to length,  but the lower ones (that fit between the black support clamps,  are tricky to get the length right.  Don't leave them too long...if you try to make them completely fill the gap between the support brackets,  you won't be able to slide the brackets along the bars when fitting or removing.  The other problem I found was that the end caps do not fit very tightly...if you slide a heavy object sideways across the roof bars,  the rubber infill strips slide with it and push the end caps off.  I have  solved this by adding some silicone sealant to the channels before installling the infill strips,  and also inside the end caps to fix them in place,  so they are solid...but if you wanted to get the infill strips out again to install slide-in cycle racks etc.,  you wouldn't be able to.  If you use the same solution,  make sure you've worked out all the positions of the support brackets and lengths of the infill strips BEFORE putting in any sealant,  or you'll be properly up the jacksy!

All that said,  the bars themselves, once fitted,  are fine,  and I think reasonable value for money.  They can be installed and removed single-handed,  once they are adjusted to fit your car.

• Like 1

Yep, I have them fitted to our (non facelift) yeti. They fit fine, first time you fit them takes about 20 mins, after that you can fit them in about 5 mins. Have a look online for a 5% discount code & buy direct from Mick's Garage. They arrived in 48 hours from order.

PS, I am not involved in any way with Mick's Garage, just received great service.

Thanks for that Paul. Have ordered some but they say they are damaged as there has been an accident in the warehouse so are offering me some more expensive ones that are already set up/built for same quids !

These .... http://www.micksgarage.com/ProdDetails.aspx?pid=4583898&pk=924D5

• Like 1