SANEF Toll gadget, anyone used with a heated screen?

TimR

Thinking of getting a toll tag for use on the French motorways when we go on holiday (as you can now buy them easily in the UK). Has anyone used one with the heated front screen on the Yeti as there seem to be a lot of warnings about it possibly not working with heated screens (and trust me, I don't want to be the bloke at the front of a very long queue holding everyone up because his tag doesn't work!)? I know you would have to put it in the shaded area of the screen but I can't see if the heated screen wires still run through that part of the screen or not. Any info would be very welcome.

There should be an area on the screen at the top which will be fine, your car is also sold in France with the same screen and the tag is part of life over there. I've got a SANEF tag which I use in France and would not be without it now, it saves so much time.

• Like 1

Thanks for the quick reply. I know it is the shaded area at the top that is supposed to be used for the tag as long as the heated screen elements don't still pass through this area, was hoping someone could confirm that the shaded area is 'element free' as the SANEF guidance suggests that this is not the case for all cars?

Glad to hear it makes a difference as we will be travelling on 'black Saturday' so hoping to minimise the long queues!

If all else fails get your missus to hold it out of the window.

EDIT - Actually don't do that. I've just remembered the time mine dropped all our French coins out of the window and I had to get the people behind me to back up so I could reverse and retrieve them from under the car.

Edited by Nick P
  • Like 3

Thank you, I will try and contact him. Otherwise I'm looking forward to telling ma femme that she will have to hold it out of the window!

• Like 1

Hi, I use a TAG for the Severn Crossing.  Its affixed to the shaded part of the heated screen behind the rear view mirror and I have no problems with the toll barriers on the Severn bridges.  I know its not the system you are asking about but I can't imagine it's that different. This page on the Sanef website looks quite helpful.

Thanks gents, as you say, if the Severn Crossing one works with heated screen, it's likely that the Sanef one will too.

• 5 weeks later...

Just thought I'd update this in case anyone else looks for it in the future.

Tag worked brilliantly with the heated windscreen, placed in the shaded area behind the mirror. A great gadget that saved us a lot of time at the toll plazas (and we were travelling on 'Black Saturday' ) and meant I could easily drive through tolls if my wife was asleep. Definately recommended.

Thanks to all for the advice.

I didn't know you could do this now and I have just ordered one for my trip beginning of September to the south of France!  Perfect!!!  So glad I saw this.   :thumbup: