Headlight Deflectors for Euro Trip

Hello,

Does anybody know if there is a simple solution on the New Octavia Mk3 for switching the beam for continental driving?

Or is the solution still beam benders? Which cracked the surface of my old Mulitvan headlamp lenses.

Cheers

Look in the multimedia unit under CAR button -> settings -> lights (or sth like that, my unit is not english language) there should be Travel Mode or such. I have Xenons + LED and it is there just in case I went to UK, so it should be the other way round in Your case.

Look in the multimedia unit under CAR button -> settings -> lights (or sth like that, my unit is not english language) there should be Travel Mode or such. I have Xenons + LED and it is there just in case I went to UK, so it should be the other way round in Your case.

I doubt he has xenons though so stickers might be the only option.

• Like 1

I've got some stickers for my trip to Nice later this week. Universal kit but octy3 has its own diagram in the instructions showing where to put the stickers which are round. Bought on Amazon.

I believe if you've got an Elegance it will either alter the beams automatically or you can do it from car settings on computer.

Edited by classic

I know this will be a controversial view and I might get jumped on here, but I just wouldn't bother unless you plan to be driving down unlit minor roads at night. On the motorways with central reservations it doesn't really make any difference. I've not heard of loads of french foreign drivers causing loads of accidents, even though you NEVER see them with deflecters on. And I've never heard about the French police giving a toss about them either, unless you're already speeding or whatever

I know that doesnt really make it right, but My main reason is with the old headlights you used to be able to cover up the actual area which was shining to the left. But the ones you buy nowadays are really vague and ineffective anyway , they are a joke and the instrictions are totally inclear as to where to place them. Plus the last ones I had fell off on the first day!

On my last trip in the old car i bought a cheap set just so I had it in the car but didn't end up putting them on

By the way on a related subject my new car has the xenons and sat nav fitted but it didnt do what people suggested it might and automatically change from left to right. I changed it manually in the settings but then didn't end up driving in the dark anyway.

Dr_Pepper, I fully agree with your comments. I'll stick mine on and lower the beam. As far as I can tell they make no difference to the beams, but

for £3 I've made more effort than the French would if they were visiting here, and won't uneccesarily upset Le Plod Francais.

I've got some stickers for my trip to Nice later this week. Universal kit but octy3 has its own diagram in the instructions showing where to put the stickers which are round. Bought on Amazon.

I believe if you've got an Elegance it will either alter the beams automatically or you can do it from car settings on computer.

Ok I reckon I'll gonna run with the controversial view. BUT, I have found my old Transporter items which are simply round sticky discs and look like what I think you are talking about.

Can you post an image of the diagram you are referring to so I have a starting point for where to stick 'em if needed.

Ta :D

Dr-Pepper

I also agree, I travel to my place in France about 10 times a year. I have never bothered to use beam deflectors, and never had a problem - although I have used the high/low beam adjuster set to the lowest while driving in France. But I do like the intelligent lights on the vRS - without have to set it drive on the left- the beams seem to light the road just as if I had. It must work as even on normal roads I have not been flashed!!

Steve

• Like 1

Dr-Pepper

I also agree, I travel to my place in France about 10 times a year. I have never bothered to use beam deflectors, and never had a problem - although I have used the high/low beam adjuster set to the lowest while driving in France. But I do like the intelligent lights on the vRS - without have to set it drive on the left- the beams seem to light the road just as if I had. It must work as even on normal roads I have not been flashed!!

Steve

Surely for it to be automatic you must have the navigation system?

In deed I do, sorry to be thick, but is that the reason?

Although I have had my vRS since 3rd May, it's only been used mainly for my two trips to France!! It's not used as daily transport - that's the "Monte's" role. So I have not been able to have much of a play with it!! - just sits on my drive looking great.

Sorry - does that sound sad?

Steve

Ok I reckon I'll gonna run with the controversial view. BUT, I have found my old Transporter items which are simply round sticky discs and look like what I think you are talking about.

Can you post an image of the diagram you are referring to so I have a starting point for where to stick 'em if needed.

Ta :D

Sorry only just seen your post, tried to do this from my phone put can't for the life of me get the photo onto this forum....

check out this link :

http://www.motoring-into-europe.co.uk/fitting.html 

Hope it helps, going under the channel this evening myself  :sun: