Inner Door Panel Removal

Hi

The cable that pulls the window up and down has snapped on my sister 02 fabia,

The trim panel came off fine but then I was faced with this shiny metal panel that does not seem to be held on by any screws I can see. The window motor has been removed and the snapped cable that had wrapped itself around the cog has been pull out but I still cant seem to get this panel off without tugging at it and possibly breaking it. I know the window workings are attached to this panel and I did think it was only glued in around the edges but it still seems fixed

Anybody done this before and if so can you tell me?

Thanks

Hi thanks for that, I saw the rivets but thought they held the window runner tracks on, Many thanks I will have a go at it now.

I have bought a complete replacement panel with everything on it from a scrapper for £30. I can just pop it back in and rivet it together- job done I am hoping

Thanks for your help

Hi thanks for that, I saw the rivets but thought they held the window runner tracks on, Many thanks I will have a go at it now.

I have bought a complete replacement panel with everything on it from a scrapper for £30. I can just pop it back in and rivet it together- job done I am hoping

Thanks for your help

Pretty much, you might need an M8 bolt handy to screw into the inner roll pin of the glass a few mm then use some pliers to pull it out. Pushing it back in is pretty easy.