Skodas 7 seater SUV

BigHusky

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/skoda/87968/skoda-to-launch-big-suv-in-2016

I know this subject has been discussed in the past, but those wanting a more or less full size SUV will have to wait until 2016.

The AE rendering smacks of the VW touareg. Its gotta be called Sasquatch, right?

Been rumoured for a long time - "Snowman" has been banded about as a name.

Will likely become the top of the range displacing the Superb - although the Superb will still be manufactured.

AutoExpress's favorite statement:

Our exclusive image shows how the car could look

In other words, here's a different car we photoshopped the new "one style fits all" front end onto.

• Like 1

I wonder if Skoda would do an uber diesel version of this, similar to the v10 diesel Toureg, that would be a bit of fun!

They won't be allowed to by VAG.

In other words, here's a different car we photoshopped the new "one style fits all" front end onto.

Onto a Touareg in this case, if I'm not mistaken.

"Our exclusive image"

Well it would be 'exclusive', wouldn't it, since (i) they fabricated it, and (ii) no-one else would touch any of their content with a bargepole!

Edited by ejstubbs
  • Like 1

I suppose it would make sense to base it on a Touareg or Tiguan and there is only so much you can do style wise with a 7 seat 4x4.

Autocar claims it's MQB based so more likely based on the Tiguan replacement. The Touareg is surely more a Discovery / Grand Cherokee class car.

TopGear says the largest MQB vehicle will be Discovery sized with 3 rows of seats, and the smallest will be superminis.  Possible on that basis that there will be a full size 4x4/crossover.

http://www.topgear.com/uk/photos/mqb-platform-explained-2014-3-21

I thought the Yeti was based on the Tiguan?  It (Yeti) manages to be smaller outside - though having been in both, they feel much of a size inside.

I can't remember if it was the same website that showed an "exclusive image" of "what the new tesla might look like". It was just a photo of a model s! Use some imagination or don't bother!

Edited by samj2013