Remote central locking vrs octavia mk 1 intermittent

Straight to the point

I have a 2002 mk1 vrs and the central locking via remote works sometimes and sometimes doesnt

The locks are all working when using the key unlock and lock all fine

Press the button on the key and nothing happens

Both keys stopped working via remote but both work manually

Ive checked the connections inside the drivers door and the seem fine no moisture or rust at all

No issues with self locking or windows rolling up and down either

Only issue is the remotes on the keys wont unlock or lock the car

Help a brother out :(

I have the same issue, always closes but when opening has a mind of its own. Changing for a new key fob tomorrow because the red light doesn't always come on when i press the buttons.

Mine unlocks and locks when it wants like now its working but earlier wasnt , got a feeling its the conveniance unit, dnt think its my fobs as both dnt work then work at the same time.

Been told by an auto locksmith to get skoda to sort it as nobody else will have the software to sort it , they will only have software to tell you the issue but not the solution apparently

Let me know how you get on with the new fob

Mine unlocks and locks when it wants like now its working but earlier wasnt , got a feeling its the conveniance unit, dnt think its my fobs as both dnt work then work at the same time.

Been told by an auto locksmith to get skoda to sort it as nobody else will have the software to sort it , they will only have software to tell you the issue but not the solution apparently

Let me know how you get on with the new fob

Got my new fob today and all seems well. Even the boot unlocks on its own without unlocking the doors. Definitely worth the money and would not hesitate to use Craig again (actionman).
  • Like 1