Dead engine when warm

Got back from the dealer today after my friend picked up her 11 plate 22K mile Octavia 1.6 TDI estate puchased s/h 5 months ago which had been taken there for the fourth time by the AA. The car has an intermittant fault where it will not start usually when warm. The engine makes no sound when the key is turned. The first time the dealer replaced the clutch cylinder and the integral microswitch  as they had seen a fault code for the pressure switch. Since then the dealer has seen no fault codes (apart from the Aircon which has been dead since she bought the car, which she only realised when the AA said it wasn't working) and the car has been starting by the time they get to try it. We feel this is not acceptable but the dealers absolutly will not do anythng that is not indicated as a computer fault. I woulld be grateful for any information regarding this fault in the hope that someone else has been through the same issue. As the owner transports  various grandchildren around the west midlands in the car it is obviously dangerous to get stuck with a dead engine. We are with some reluctance going to talk to Skoda Customer Services to see what they think but we might come up against the same brick wall that if the computer says there is nothing wrong they will say the  the car is perfect. Except that it is not. Oh, I'm an ex-Yeti owner now driving a Golf by the way but I still browse here!

Most people have smart phones now with the ability to take video footage.

Next time the car fails to start tell her to take a video of herself turning the key without the engine starting.

She can then take the car back to the dealers, show them the video to prove that there is an intermittent fault, jump in a courtesy car and ask the dealer to call her when it is fixed.