Hi

I just bought a new Superb Combi L&K 2.0 and added all the spec I could see in the brochure. My iPhone connects ok by bluetooth to the Columbus system but I don't see my texts. I don't have an 'SMS' button to select and wonder if there is a fault with the car. Would be most grateful for any advice. Thanks

The iPhone is not RSAP compatible so you'll never get the texts on the Columbus or maxidot display, with the iPhone and others in HFP mode the car just acts like a giant bluetooth headset. For texts you need a phone that can function with RSAP mode, like virtually all Android phones, older Nokia handsets (not the new Windows phone ones) etc.

To be fair, its not just Apple. The same thing will happen with any phone based on Windows Phone version 7 or later, early versions of Blackberry OS, early versions of Android and other phones which use proprietary software.

• Like 1

To be fair, its not just Apple. The same thing will happen with any phone based on Windows Phone version 7 or later, early versions of Blackberry OS, early versions of Android and other phones which use proprietary software.

Don't you go bring reason and facts into this! :rain: :x :rofl:

• Like 1

To be fair, its not just Apple. The same thing will happen with ............. early versions of Blackberry OS, early versions of Android and ......

the latest version of bloody iOS!   :devil:

Blackerrys work fine to :clap:

I have a Blacberry 8520 but have never seen any texts on the maxidot or Columbus.

What settings do you have on the Blackberry and Columbus?. My old Nokia worked fine with texts but I just have a basic Bluetooth connection to my Blackberry so I just have something set incorrectly. 

CNC

I have an aging Blackberry Bold 9800 running the last version of software which I think was 6.0 bundle 2647.

No special settings just connected via Bluetooth and alls well. I do have a warning (when phone is connected) about rsap and that if I want to I can disconect the phone from the cars communication system. All my settings are defaults i think.

Smudger

• Like 1

It appears not. It seems that Samsung are practically the only manufacturer to support rsap

Well, at least there's something they didn't copy from Apple... :devil:

• Like 1

Hi Guys - many thanks for all the replys. I wonder would one of the technically minded (which I'm not) be able to tell me

exactly what phone I need to get, specific model, to be able to have the texts read out and be able to voice reply. I have a terrible habit of lifting my phone to read texts while driving. Bad news.

I would like to get the latest phone I possible can, and prefer Samsung, HTC or perhaps Nokia.

Thanks for you help.

I was surprised when I upgraded my phone last weekend to the Sony Z2 and then discovered afterwards that it doesn't support rSAP, mental on a flag ship phone, anyway I've been having major problems with the phone on my Network since I upgraded it so I'm about to change it for a LG G3 which does have rSAP, so I should be back to full functionality again as I was with my Galaxy SII.

CNC

I have an aging Blackberry Bold 9800 running the last version of software which I think was 6.0 bundle 2647.

No special settings just connected via Bluetooth and alls well. I do have a warning (when phone is connected) about rsap and that if I want to I can disconect the phone from the cars communication system. All my settings are defaults i think.

Smudger

Thanks Smudgers. I`ve now found the rsap setting on my Blackberry and the maxidot shows Premium when connected and I now see SMS on the Columbus.

?.... I have a terrible habit of lifting my phone to read texts while driving. Bad news.

Easily sorted - stick it somewhere you can't reach!

Hi Guys - many thanks for all the replys. I wonder would one of the technically minded (which I'm not) be able to tell me

exactly what phone I need to get, specific model, to be able to have the texts read out and be able to voice reply. I have a terrible habit of lifting my phone to read texts while driving. Bad news.

I would like to get the latest phone I possible can, and prefer Samsung, HTC or perhaps Nokia.

Thanks for you help.

Any of the current nokia lumia.

CNC,

Please to hear all is well now.

Tried everything out today, the Columbus lets me know if I've got a new text message, reads it out to me and gives me the option of copying the message to my phone, and also writing a reply using the Columbus keyboard. Great stuff, thanks again Smudgers.