Do you automatically get Maxidot with Bluetooth prep...?

First post today!

Right, just purchased a ex demo monte estate through Skoda approved used cars to pick up 300 miles away at Franchise Dealer.

It was advertised with all the 'trimmings' climate, cruise, parking sensors and bluetooth. From the photos (I've not actually seen it in the flesh) there is no MFSW or Sat Nav so assumed bluetooth must be controlled by Maxidot on RHS stalk. The young lad from the dealership on the fone said today that Maxidot is an optional extra not on the car but 'it does have Bluetooth'.

My question is can you have the bluetooth prep without Maxidot, MFSW or touch screen Sat Nav?? My understanding was that you had to have a display somewhere to show phone numbers etc so what the hell will my Monte use?!?!?

I know it sounds silly to be so hung up on this but I NEED Bluetooth phone access and don't want to travel 300 miles only to find out they got it all wrong! I have read everything I can on here but can't find a definitive answer.

Thanks for all your help.

Don't quote me as I've never actually seen one in the flesh, but I believe the bluetooth kit is self contained and can be put into any Skoda. I say this because when I was wanting to put MDI in my car (Bog standard, poverty spec 

Fabia) the dealer said that you couldn't get MDI retrofitted, but if I would like I could have bluetooth installed.

When I ordered my Tech last year I asked if Maxidot was included and was told that it's standard with Bluetooth but not with the Amundsen.

It does have Maxidot so I'm assuming it's true.

• Like 1

From the factory if you order GSM II you would also get maxidot. By default all Fabia's come with the Swing headunit which can interact with a bluetooth module but cannot be used as a user interface for the phone module hence the maxidot (as OEM BT on a Fabia is controlled via the maxidot using the trip buttons on the wiper stalk).

If the car does have Bluetooth but no maxidot its possibly one of two things....

The bluetooth is non OEM

The previous keeper may have installed a better HU (Bolero, Amundsen, Columbus) which is able to control BT via the touchscreen and has installed a BT module

The dealer is talking out of his ass and doesnt have Bluetooth at all

In fairness retrofitting a better HU, BT module....even a Maxidot instrument cluster isnt impossible but will cost you a minimum of a good few hundred £ to do. Most dealers either wont attempt a retrofit or would not know how; those that do would look to charge a fortune to so best off tapping up expert resources on here if you wanted to go that route.

If you want guarantees of having a Monte with BT you need to buy a Monte Tech as these all came with factory BT (and satnav).

Edited by pipsyp