Average MPG ?

If it's a TFSI the best I've had over a tank was 37mpg on a run to and around Cornwall. Over the last 21k miles it's averaged 29mpg. That's mostly a daily 21 mile each way dual carriageway commute.

^^^^ VCDS ;)

What you'll need to do is track fullups with something like Fuelly.com, compare that to the display and then find someone local with VCDS and ask them to adjust it.

I got 44.9mpg while touring the Lake District last week over 80 odd miles of gentle driving.

What shocked me was I got 24mpg towing our large caravan down there!

It's a tfsi vrs ,standard map bar a decat , full exhaust ,r8 coil packs ,etc

I'm averaging 32MPG according to Fuelly, and 34MPG according to maxidot - over 3500 miles.  This is a mix of short (4 mile) journeys, and longer motorway journeys, with an occasional country lane 'making good progress' drive.

My lowest is 25, highest is 38.6 (again according to fuelly, as maxidot is slightly optimistic).

Mine is a TSi  vRS- no remap...yet

Edited by glenmc

I have a 55 reg 1.9PD Octavia classic, and when the missus drives it she gets around 49MPG (mixture of town and motorway - and she does have a "lead" foot). Whem I drive it on the continent or even day to day, I average around 56MPG.

On my daily commute (Newton Abbot to Plymouth return) the MFD says I get about 44 on the way there and about 41 on the way back.

Being fairly gentle on the acceleration as I'm in no rush but still not bad for the power!

On the run to and from work (10 miles each way), I can get 40-41 going and 31-32 coming back.......yes, a hill is involved!

Typically, I get about '34.something'  mpg when I refill the tank after my typical usage. Long runs on the motorway can get that to 38-40 for the duration of the run, but with a bit of regular running aftewards, when I refill the tank it gets to about 36-38 ish.

i got same as you mate petrol 2.0l vrs tfsi the lowest i got is around 17mpg (5 miles home-work) and the best was recently going to legoland from milton keynes 41mpg

18 miles commute best I got was 43mpg after fitting eco tyres.

37mpg was pretty common in summer.

Long term average was more like 34/35mpg

I thought that was actually decent considering the size of the car and the power.

^^^^ VCDS ;)

What you'll need to do is track fullups with something like Fuelly.com, compare that to the display and then find someone local with VCDS and ask them to adjust it.

What Fire said, mine was about 12% out, now it is pretty close