Wheel question

thewez

Currently have an Octavia Scout that I run on 16" alloys for the winter. I know that these are ET50.

I'm tempted to change this for a Yeti, but just wondered if the wheels would fit as the yeti is ET45, or so I believe.

The tyres have approx 5-6mm left so worth keeping.

I guess I could use 5mm spaces, but how does this effect insurance and more importantly safety as the wheel will be resting on the hub 5mm less than before.

All thoughts welcome...

Cheers,

Scott

ET50 will sit 5mm further in than ET45 so unless your exisitng wheel/tyre combination is almost touching the shock absorbers you'll be fine, especially if you're using 205 tyres instead of the standard 225 width.

• Like 1

Yes it may affect your insurance, so you MUST notify them, and you need special "centric" spacers, not generic ones.

If the wheels are secure and the same diameter and width unless they are so blingy they increase attraction/value for theft reasons-don't worry about insurance -otherwise you might want to  ensure that only Skoda air is used to pump up the tyres!

1

I sell that quite cheaply. Please ring for supplies on 0777 777 777...

1 Calls to this kind of number can lead to severe loss of hearing money.

Edited by freedie

What width are your alloys? I have ET48 16" alloys which are 6.5J rather than the 7J of the 17" Spitzbergs. There's plenty of clearance on them - though they are quite snug on the 312mm brakes on the 170, due to the placing of the balancing weights!