Odd Little Things

rriggs

Hi

I've had my Yeti for a month now and have noticed a couple of little things which someone hopefully can shed some light on.

1. The front passenger seatbelt has a little loop of seatbelt stitched on instead of the small plastic button that stops the clip from dropping down while not in use. The other seatbelts all have the plastic button which is like every other car I've been in but the front passenger seatbelt in the Yeti is different. Does anyone know why?

2. When driving in the dark with the lights off (not auto light) for instance in a tunnel or multi storey car park the dash lights start on but then fade out. Is this right? I would have thought that if the dials are lit all the time then they would stay lit in the dark. If they do adjust then how do they do this as I pdon't have auto lights and therefore no light sensor.

Cheers

Rog

Hi

I've had my Yeti for a month now and have noticed a couple of little things which someone hopefully can shed some light on.

1. The front passenger seatbelt has a little loop of seatbelt stitched on instead of the small plastic button that stops the clip from dropping down while not in use. The other seatbelts all have the plastic button which is like every other car I've been in but the front passenger seatbelt in the Yeti is different. Does anyone know why?

2. When driving in the dark with the lights off (not auto light) for instance in a tunnel or multi storey car park the dash lights start on but then fade out. Is this right? I would have thought that if the dials are lit all the time then they would stay lit in the dark. If they do adjust then how do they do this as I pdon't have auto lights and therefore no light sensor.

Cheers

Rog

1. The loop keeps the belt buckle away from the side of the car. Stops it rattling when no ones using the passenger seat. 

2.There's a light sensor in the rev counter that dims the dashboard lights in poor light conditions to remind you to put your headlights on.

Hope that makes sense

David

• Like 3

2.There's a light sensor in the rev counter that dims the dashboard lights in poor light conditions to remind you to put your headlights on.

I never knew that, will have to watch the dash lights now!

One reason so many don't put their lights on, it seems to me, is that the instrument lights are permanently on with the ignition, which to my way of thinking is a dangerous feature, particularly for the fashion conscience, driving dark coloured cars.

I never knew that, will have to watch the dash lights now!

If you drive through a tunnel during daylight hours (even a lighted one) you will notice this, the backlighting goes out a just leaves the pointer lit! :devil:

Few things annoy me about the Yeti but this does, it assumes that I don't know when to turn my lights on.

Fred

Few things annoy me about the Yeti but this does, it assumes that I don't know when to turn my lights on.

Annoyed me a little bit too.  Previous cars the clocks just stayed lit.  Tunnels it's no so bad but in a multi storey car park they fade on and off all the time as you drive through light and dark areas.  Made me wonder if something was wrong and it's a bit silly as they are lit when you are in daylight and can see them but then go dark when you are in the dark.

Mind you, if that's all I've got to be annoyed about...

Cheers

Rog

I think the auto setting for the lights is too sensitive - they come on much too early. So I've set my lights to "off" and actually find the dimming dials a useful aide memoire when leaving lit areas, such as car parks, at night. Just goes to show you can't please everyone.

1. The loop keeps the belt buckle away from the side of the car. Stops it rattling when no ones using the passenger seat.

Thank you so much. We've been wondering about that for ages.

Though thankfully it didn't take me long to realise there were slots for the rear ones to clip in to to stop them flapping about.

One of the things I miss from the Superb is the green dashboard light that lit up to inform you the headlights were on.  Useful in mist and fog situations to understand whether the headlights were on or off when using the AUTO setting

One of the things I miss from the Superb is the green dashboard light that lit up to inform you the headlights were on.  Useful in mist and fog situations to understand whether the headlights were on or off when using the AUTO setting

Mine has this!

If you drive through a tunnel during daylight hours (even a lighted one) you will notice this, the backlighting goes out a just leaves the pointer lit! :devil:

Fred

If you've noticed it Fred, the assumption...

Er, shudduppayerface freedie.

Classic :D

Mine has the green light for the headlights! :p

Must be a FL thing not to have it...

Cheers

Rog

Edited by rriggs

Mine has the green light for the headlights! :p

Must be a FL thing not to have it...

Cheers

Rog

Afraid not mine is one of the last pre FL (Oct 2013) & it only has the main beam indicator in the cluster. green light is only on the light switch itself.