G3 Pro Permanent Scratch Remover

Metty92

Will probably work well on actual scratches but care will needed not to burn through the paint and more mild polishes would be needed after ideally as something that coarse will leave it's own "marks" in the paint under close scrutiny. :)

It actually only a Medium grade polish Jason

Its best used with a Machine polisher on  a medium or a finishing pad

BUT

Farecla say it will work well with their hand polishing pads

It does work, but is hard work.

Refine afterwards with their finishing polish and you should be fine by hand...if  a little nackered!!

Thanks, i do have megs 205 and 105 cut and finishing compound with a white and orange hex logic pad, could I use that as the after polish?

Or would the megs and hex logic pads I have do the same as the g3 pro would do?

Joe public here LOL ...... :D  :D

Chris's response above is spot on.... :thumbup:

I've used this both by hand a few weeks ago and with my DA yesterday on SWMBO black magic Seat. As Chris says it's hard work with their pads, but they do work after a fashion if you don't have a machine polisher.

by hand I found it a bit hit and miss- it was easy not to do sufficiet passes/get enough constant pressure over the area being worked on which in turn didn't give you a mirror finish, but that was a failing in my technique more than something wrong with the product IMO.

It's got deminishing abrasives in too (much like their paint restorer we used on my vRS a couple of weeks ago Chris) but it's more abrasive I guess. I used it yesterday with a small megs yellow pad on my G220v2 and it got rid of light sctratches that passed the fingernail test, some of which were playground scars that were around 30cm long plus a nasty mark left by bird poo with relaitive ease ( I primed the pad with a spray of water, applied a few drops of the SR to the pad, spread it around on speed1, then did the same as you taught me earlier i.e. 4 passes horizontal and vertical at medium pressure at speed 3 until it went opaque and waxy followed by a few passes at speed 5 with no pressure and it did a decent job. There was only 1 scratch it couldn't sort, but that was a deep one which I'm guessing even a rotary wouldn't correct.

All in all not bad IMO, but then again I've still got a lot to learn about this game!

What would it be like compared to the sonax proline finish we used too Chris?

cheers

Ade

Joe public here LOL ...... :D  :D

Chris's response above is spot on.... :thumbup:

I've used this both by hand a few weeks ago and with my DA yesterday on SWMBO black magic Seat. As Chris says it's hard work with their pads, but they do work after a fashion if you don't have a machine polisher.

by hand I found it a bit hit and miss- it was easy not to do sufficiet passes/get enough constant pressure over the area being worked on which in turn didn't give you a mirror finish, but that was a failing in my technique more than something wrong with the product IMO.

It's got deminishing abrasives in too (much like their paint restorer we used on my vRS a couple of weeks ago Chris) but it's more abrasive I guess. I used it yesterday with a small megs yellow pad on my G220v2 and it got rid of light sctratches that passed the fingernail test, some of which were playground scars that were around 30cm long plus a nasty mark left by bird poo with relaitive ease ( I primed the pad with a spray of water, applied a few drops of the SR to the pad, spread it around on speed1, then did the same as you taught me earlier i.e. 4 passes horizontal and vertical at medium pressure at speed 3 until it went opaque and waxy followed by a few passes at speed 5 with no pressure and it did a decent job. There was only 1 scratch it couldn't sort, but that was a deep one which I'm guessing even a rotary wouldn't correct.

All in all not bad IMO, but then again I've still got a lot to learn about this game!

What would it be like compared to the sonax proline finish we used too Chris?

cheers

Ade

`SR`?

scratch remover mate..... got idle as I'm a 1 finger typist... a sign of my generation!

I too am a one finger typist!

I've got quite swift over the years though!

Thanks for the info, Ade.

Regards

Mike.

I too am a one finger typist!

I've got quite swift over the years though!

Thanks for the info, Ade.

Regards

Mike.

You're welcome....

My kids think it's highly amusing seeing the old frat type at what is a snail's pace in comparison to their dancing digits. Always makes me wonder how much industry in general would have benefited in the long term if they'd taught us wrinklies how to type when 'puters became the norm.

So Chris if it's a medium grade polish, it may not be any better than the meguiars 205 ultra cut compound with a 105 finishing compound polish I'm using with a medium and medium - fine hex logic pad?

Edited by Metty92

Does this stuff claim to "remove permanent scratches" or to "permanently remove scratches"?

I feel either way it's not going to be entirely truthful! :)

• Like 1