Briskoda to the rescue!

Paul52

After 15 months of trouble-free ownership today I thought I had my first problem.

The rear nearside window kept opening of its own accord by about 3 inches when I wasn't there. First thought was that it was the wind deflector come loose so I removed that but it still happened. Then I realised that on that window the auto-close wasn't working (although auto opening was) using either the door switch or the one on the driver's door.

I'd resigned myself to a trip to the dealer (fortunately only 10 miles away) for a warranty repair when I thought - try the search facility on Briskoda!! Sure enough under anti trap a couple of suggestions, tried the Great Yeti's advice and it seems to have solved the problem. That advice saved me a 20 mile round trip and probably a couple of hours at the dealers - and a lot of worry if the weather had changed let alone security when away from the car*. So more than justified my Freedom membership on that alone and thank you Tony for the original post.

This is the link I used if anyone else should have this problem 

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/292472-window-half-opening/?hl=+anti#8208trap=  

* Although a partially open side window might have been the least of my problems. Took the dogs for a walk this morning, carefully shut the dodgy window almost all the way, shut all the other windows tight and locked the car. Got back from the walk, all the windows as I'd ;left them - including that great big one in the roof which was wide open to the sky!! now, where did I put my keys.....?