Latest purchase.

but still looks cracking.

And illegal I'm afraid, they should make you take it off for your next MOT

and it may get you stopped when the Police are having a crack down on such things. 

And what's with the screws holding the number plate on? Cloners love these as they can quietly remove the plate without damage. Use plenty of number plate tape, it makes it almost impossible to remove without smashing, it looks better and the backing doesn't delaminate after a year or so looking even worse with grey cr*p spreading from the screw hole.

In Penicuik you tape them and put in screws, then opportunists dont just go to tear off the plates and the ones that do go to unscrew do not get the plate.

As said in a post before,

he has to take it off for the MOT because it is a Fail, so needs to replace the original, then replace afterwards with the new one.

• Like 1

And what's with the screws holding the number plate on? Cloners love these as they can quietly remove the plate without damage. Use plenty of number plate tape, it makes it almost impossible to remove without smashing, it looks better and the backing doesn't delaminate after a year or so looking even worse with grey cr*p spreading from the screw hole.

Looks like a private plate to me so may need to be removed later on???

I'd still be happy to wreck it removing it rather than all the hassle of getting pulled by the police for some false crime marker against my car. How much do a pair of plates cost? How much is your time worth?

they are locking screws that I have a key for. And they are much thicker than the originals.
  • Like 1

they are locking screws that I have a key for. And they are much thicker than the originals.

Sorry to say but if I was going to clone a VRS then I would quite happily spend £6 on a pack of screws to get the adapter. Or better yet, nick them from Halfords.

Sorry to say but if I was going to clone a VRS then I would quite happily spend £6 on a pack of screws to get the adapter. Or better yet, nick them from Halfords.

better having a cloner going through all that trouble rather than just picking up a screwdriver and taking the plates there and then.

Yeah! I never realised they were illegal as the old man had some of those stickers! 3 different mot stations, 2 are real sticklers for detail and never a mention!

if it comes to it I'll just rip them off. It's just stickers at the end of the day.

And illegal I'm afraid, they should make you take it off for your next MOT

and it may get you stopped when the Police are having a crack down on such things.

Probably a daft question,but what's illegal?

Not the badging surely,I'm assuming the font is not standard?

Doesn't fit the greatest but still looks cracking.

I've got exactly the same one on my rear plate. Think they look great. I must have had at least 6/7 police cars driving behind since it's been on. Never been pulled for it. If it did become an issue, I'll just take it off. No biggy.

• Like 1

font is standard. Badging is illegal.

Something that can fail a MOT is not the same as Illegal.

I have forgotten a couple of times to take off the plates i have on and the Test Station made up new plates for me.

I have lots of these new plates sitting, and have still forgotten to change them at test time.

Now i Tape my MOT plates over my 364 day a year plates.

Possibly the badge yup. Think you're only supposed to have GB badge, welsh badge or Scottish badge. No own text at the bottom of the plate either (where dealer name usually is)

Something that can fail a MOT is not the same as Illegal.

I have forgotten a couple of times to take off the plates i have on and the Test Station made up new plates for me.

I have lots of these new plates sitting, and have still forgotten to change them at test time.

Now i Tape my MOT plates over my 364 day a year plates.

the only thing that will fail my MOT would maybe be the badge. Everything else is good to go.
  • Like 1

Flags and national identifying letters

You can display one of the following flags with identifying letters on the left-hand side of the number plate:

• Union Flag
  • Cross of St George
  • Cross of St Andrew - also known as the Saltire
  • Red Dragon of Wales

The letters, or national identifiers, you can have are:

• GREAT BRITAIN, Great Britain or GB
  • UNITED KINGDOM, United Kingdom or UK
  • CYMRU, Cymru, CYM or Cym
  • ENGLAND, England, ENG, Eng
  • SCOTLAND, Scotland, SCO or Sco
  • WALES or Wales

You’ll still need a GB sticker when travelling in Europe if you display one of these national flags and identifiers.

The flag must be above the identifier. You can’t have the flag or letters on the number plate margin, and neither can be more than 50 millimetres wide.

Euro symbol

If you display the Euro symbol and Great Britain (GB) national identifier on your number plate, then you won’t need a separate GB sticker when travelling within the European Union.

The Euro symbol must:

• be a minimum height of 98mm
  • have a width between 40 and 50mm
  • have a reflective blue background with 12 reflecting yellow stars at the top
  • show the member state (GB) in reflecting white or yellow