Quick interior light mod

Stormchaser

Ordered a interior light from eBay from a 2004 VW Bora with map reading lights in Grey.

Very simple plug in light with LED,s :)

y7y5asys.jpg

4ujaratu.jpg

Wish they would make LED,s which look the same when lit. Anyway it's very bright now compared to OEM.

Sent from my IPhone 5 using Tapatalk.

• Like 3

I was gonna say theres loads. Try looking under mark 4 golf, passats of the same vintage, octavias, superbs, maybe even things like SEAT Leons, Audi A3s.... Its VW parts bin sharing at its best.

• Like 1

Looks very good indeed! did you fit the led's to the light yourself or did they already come with it?

I took out the standard bulbs and fitted LED,s which I had in my Octavia previously.

I took out the standard bulbs and fitted LED,s which I had in my Octavia previously.

Ah right I see, so just buy the light of eBay an some led bulbs an that's it?

Would these be suitable?

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/350940271410?nav=SEARCH

If i remember i think mine was a 36mm long festoon LED as i had one which was too long.They fit the Octavia number plate lamps which i know are 36mm.

• Like 1

Just a note, I have the sunroof option and the lens clips off from the rear. Took me ages to figure this out, also noticed on mine, the bulb holders twist out if the unit making it a whole lot easer to insert the bulbs!

• Like 1

I was gonna say theres loads. Try looking under mark 4 golf, passats of the same vintage, octavias, superbs, maybe even things like SEAT Leons, Audi A3s.... Its VW parts bin sharing at its best.

I tried but can't see anything like the pic the OP posted. The ones I see have either a sunroof control, or what looks like a grille for a microphone. If you can see one like in the pic, please share!

I just Googled golf 4 interior light and there's a few on eBay right now for about 15quid. The ones with the microphone things one are the alarm sensors and they went in the back.

Found some, just been out to look in my car and can't tell whether the roof lining is grey or beige - I have the 60ps Elegance GreenTech with Nano Black dash. Anyone?