New car on the way (I hope)

Ordered my Elegance 2.0TDi DSG candy white Estate with xenons and sunset glass on week 23 and the dealer told me it is being built week 31(28th July)

Hope it is despatched before the shut down at the factory(4th August)

What is the shutdown at the factory ? I'm build week 36 but that may change then I guess if there's a closure ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The shut down will be week 32 for 2 weeks according to my dealer

You guys get it good. I ordered week 19, its now week 30 and I still have no build date. I ordered what would be roughly equivalent to a SE spec car........ :`(

And when ours are built, its still 2-3 months before delivery due to distance....

Edited by GTR27

You guys get it good. I ordered week 19, its now week 30 and I still have no build date. I ordered what would be roughly equivalent to a SE spec car........ :`(

And when ours are built, its still 2-3 months before delivery due to distance....

That's pretty poor form, 6months wait for a car that's not even the VRS is insane. What's the wait time in that part of the world for the VRS? You would think they would offer for markets like Australia a smaller range of spec's and extras to try to keep a larger back stock of these cars so that there are fewer people waiting silly waiting times. I ordered an Elegance 2.0TDI at the same time as you and got mine yesterday. I thought 12weeks waiting time was more than long enough.

Skoda in Australia is run by vw Australia, not independently. Their attitude sucks. Told me pretty much there is a long wait and to deal with it. Rs gets similar or slightly longer wait times. It's because I've ordered a manual and the vast majority of cars here are auto. We can't chose manual on elegance, or any diesel model. There is no other comparable car for a similar price in our market. Mazda 6 wagon costs about 8-10k more for a similar spec. Auto only. Mondeo is the same, and auto only. I could buy a local car (like a vaxhaul vxr8 but a wagon/combi) for similar price to an rs, but running costs would kill me......I wish we had the same treatment you guys seem to get from Skoda UK. I'm sure vw control it here so people give up and get a vw....

Edit: our market for Skoda is 4-500 cars a month. You can see why with such horrible delays. Most of my friends when they find out the price/spec are amazed (Skoda isn't well known here) but none of them would wait this long.....

Edited by GTR27

Just been quoted 16 weeks for a 2.0 diesel hatch Elegance if ordered now.

It's possible it could happen. I still don't have a build week and I ordered my vrs estate on the 23rd of may. I will get my weekly phone call from Skoda UK tomorrow with an update

My delivery date has just dropped another} weeks,8th August now:)

The factory will be on holiday from Monday 4th August for 2 weeks ,Hope they have a standby shift working to get yours done??

The factory will be on holiday from Monday 4th August for 2 weeks ,Hope they have a standby shift working to get yours done??

Don't shoot down the messenger, I would imagine if the dealer is taking delivery 8th August, its already built, troll off.

Ordered my Elegance 2.0TDi DSG candy white Estate with xenons and sunset glass on week 23 and the dealer told me it is being built week 31(28th July)

Hope it is despatched before the shut down at the factory(4th August)

Well just had a call from Dealer that my car was built week commencing 28 July and is now at Grimsby WOW how is that for speed.

So will get it with 64 plate

• Like 1

Well just had a call from Dealer that my car was built week commencing 28 July and is now at Grimsby WOW how is that for speed.

So will get it with 64 plate

Will they not make you collect it within 10 days of when they recieve the car at the dealer, meaning it will be a 14 plate? Or are you asking them to delay delivery? I should be picking mine up anytime soon and was wondering if there was any way I could get a 64 plate.

Will they not make you collect it within 10 days of when they recieve the car at the dealer, meaning it will be a 14 plate? Or are you asking them to delay delivery? I should be picking mine up anytime soon and was wondering if there was any way I could get a 64 plate.

My vRS has been sat at Grimsby docks for about a month now, and will be sat there for another couple of weeks before being delivered to the dealer for 1st September collection by me.

But then I was upfront with the dealer when I ordered at the end of March, and said I wanted it no earlier than 1st September (and no later than 1st October as it happens, but that doesn't seem to have been an issue as it turns out).

My vRS has been sat at Grimsby docks for about a month now, and will be sat there for another couple of weeks before being delivered to the dealer for 1st September collection by me.

But then I was upfront with the dealer when I ordered at the end of March, and said I wanted it no earlier than 1st September (and no later than 1st October as it happens, but that doesn't seem to have been an issue as it turns out).

See I couldnt do this because I am part exchanging my car, so the dealer wasn't happy with the extra miles I would put on and decrease it's value.

See I couldnt do this because I am part exchanging my car, so the dealer wasn't happy with the extra miles I would put on and decrease it's value.

My current car is a company lease, and goes back at the start of October, hence the timescales I gave the dealer.  Given I had to wait an extra 2 months for that one (having sold my previous car), it's sod's law that this one turns up 2 months early when I can't get rid of the current car any earlier.  I would have quite happily taken a shiny new car on holiday over the last couple of weeks... it would have been nice not to have to shoehorn the kids into the back along with half the crap we took (seriously, why do females need to take so many pairs of shoes on holiday with them?  :D )

Was asked by the dealer if I wanted it now, I said no I wanted a 64 plate Ant that's what I said I wanted when I ordered itSo it wont be picked up until late August to deliver to the dealer.

Just had a phone call from my dealer. Ordered the 1st July and been informed of a build week of 36 with delivery by end of September. Fingers crossed!

Paul.

Can I ask what you ordered ? My order from the 23rd of may still doesn't have a build date lol its for a TSI Dsg vrs estate with a few options. Skoda will call me on the 19th with an update due to the factory holiday

Can I ask what you ordered ? My order from the 23rd of may still doesn't have a build date lol its for a TSI Dsg vrs estate with a few options. Skoda will call me on the 19th with an update due to the factory holiday

Ordered a vRS CR manual vrs estate in metal grey metallic with black pack, spare wheel and panoramic sun-roof. When ordered they originally told me I could be waiting until January but had a nice surprise today :)

Paul