Eibach Springs Fitted

I have had some Eibach springs fitted this week along with some new tyres and I am very very happy!! What a difference to the look and feel of my car.

Why OH why did Skoda not turn them out of the factory like this??

Here are some photos of before and after.

Before-

Photo0006.jpg

SAM_0058.jpg

After-

WP_20140722_001.jpg

WP_20140722_004.jpg

Edited by Gizmo68
  • Like 2

Looks lovely m8. How many mm drop is that 40? For some reason your before pic looks lower standard than mine does standard. Not sure if its the colour combination. As mine is black with black wheels. Cant wait to get springs on mine. i think its a great little car but my previous car handled like was on rails and these are shocking as standard

• Like 1

Looks lovely m8. How many mm drop is that 40? For some reason your before pic looks lower standard than mine does standard. Not sure if its the colour combination. As mine is black with black wheels. Cant wait to get springs on mine. i think its a great little car but my previous car handled like was on rails and these are shocking as standard

Thanks. Believe it or not the drop is only meant to be 20mm, well thats what the Skoda website said but from my measurements before and after its more like 30mm. I think the black wheels for some reason do make the gap look bigger from others I have looked at. I also think its a great little car and the Eibach springs have definatly improved the handling. Hope you get them done soon and will look forward to seeing your pics too!!

• Like 1

Thanks. Believe it or not the drop is only meant to be 20mm, well thats what the Skoda website said but from my measurements before and after its more like 30mm. I think the black wheels for some reason do make the gap look bigger from others I have looked at. I also think its a great little car and the Eibach springs have definatly improved the handling. Hope you get them done soon and will look forward to seeing your pics too!!

Cheers bud. You got the link to the website for the springs. Take it that if there off skoda website it keeps warranty.

Cheers bud. You got the link to the website for the springs. Take it that if there off skoda website it keeps warranty.

No worries, here is the link http://www.skodaparts.com/product/fabia-eibach-lowering-springs-vrs-hatch-2010-2013-50425

I believe you would have to have them fitted by a Skoda garage as well to keep the warranty but i may be wrong on that. I had mine done at my dealer but my motor is out of warranty so i didn't ask the question.

If the Springs are fitted at the Time of the PDI the original Manufacturers Warranty applies, 3 or 5 years.

If you buy approved Skoda Parts and have them fitted then the Warranty on parts is 2 years, but there should be no issue with the 

3 or 5 year warranty when fitted correctly, and it is hard not to fit Coil Springs correctly.

Your Dampers might not be covered by Warranty Anyway even when with Standard or Dealer Option Fit Springs, (External/Environmental damage.)

Lower Non Dealer Option Springs might Invalidate the Manufacturers Warranty on the Suspension,

but thats no real issue, just pay for your own repairs.

george

Edited by goneoffSKi
  • Like 1

Skoda only list lowering springs for the Fabia VRS (ZGB5J0071677) what ones have people had fitted to their Monte Carlo's?

Skoda only list lowering springs for the Fabia VRS (ZGB5J0071677) what ones have people had fitted to their Monte Carlo's?

I rang my local dealer and the parts guys were very helpful and contated Eibach and found me the springs (I believe thats why mine are 40mm and not the normal 30 or 20mm)

I rang my local dealer and the parts guys were very helpful and contated Eibach and found me the springs (I believe thats why mine are 40mm and not the normal 30 or 20mm)

Do you have a part number on the receipt for the springs?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Do you have a part number on the receipt for the springs?

the parts number on the ticket is Z981780031 and I've just confirmed that they are 40mm springs

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks tempra007 I will ring Skoda tomorrow and get a price to buy and fit.

How did you get on Jon?

I rang them at the beginning of the week, still waiting for a call back. I meant to ring them today but Sarah too busy in work, week get back on touch with them next week..might pop in.

I rang them at the beginning of the week, still waiting for a call back. I meant to ring them today but Sarah too busy in work, week get back on touch with them next week..might pop in.

OK mate, let me know :)