She's almost here! - Pick-up on 20th August and I just can't wait!

Order placed on 22nd May, built week-before-last, arrives at the dealer next week.  Pretty good I'd say, with pro-active update calls from the Dealer throughout (Citygate Skoda in Watford).

Elegance 170CR DSG Estate in Brilliant Silver, with Ivory leather, MDI and Upgraded Sound System.

Unfortunately as I'm a Motability customer, I can't pick her up until my existing contract expires on 20th August, so I have 3 weeks of knowing that my (literally) shiny new toy is sitting there, but I just have to wait.

The dealer has said I'm welcome to come and have a look and check I am happy in advance if I want.  Part of me thinks it's a good idea incase anything needs sorting, another couldn't stand having to walk away and wait another 3 weeks!

Well worth the wait :) I went and looked over mine when it arrived, checked it over, mad sure everything I had asked for was fitted.... Even with the slight issue I had with the fan not working, It has not changed my mind that it's the best car I have driven and owned.... I have owned it a month and still smile when I look at it and drive it.... 

Stuart

Order placed on 22nd May, built week-before-last, arrives at the dealer next week.  Pretty good I'd say, with pro-active update calls from the Dealer throughout (Citygate Skoda in Watford).

Better than my dealer! I ordered my new car at the beginning of June with them saying it will be ready in September. I then get a call on Monday saying it's arriving on Wednesday.

The dealer has said I'm welcome to come and have a look and check I am happy in advance if I want.  Part of me thinks it's a good idea incase anything needs sorting, another couldn't stand having to walk away and wait another 3 weeks!

As you say, if something is not quite right they'll have plenty of time to correct it and it would save you a visit after purchase. Offer to take it out for a shake down run on their plates, and you'll want it even more ;) ;)

I think it is the little things that annoy and you will only notice when you start to drive it on different roads

Gove box rattle: adjusted now sorted

Rear door: striker plate adjusted now sorted

Annoying rattle that took ages to identify: driver seat belt tapping against seat, I put adhesive felt on the anchor buckle now sorted.

Nice quiet drive now.

Still occasionally get a whopping thump from the rear driver side when going over pot holes but great on even surfaces.

Enjoy the car when you get it as you can see from this website the truest us do! :0)

• 2 weeks later...

Well just 6 days to go now. Officially excited as this weekend is the 'clear the crap out of the old car' job and I have got to the point of topping up with bits of fuel so it goes back pretty much empty.

:clap:

Is MDI an extra then? Didn't know that.

You'll be like a kid at Christmas on Tuesday :D

Yes it is. Lack of a standard iPod or USB connection is unfortunately one area where the Superb shows it's age vs say the Octavia, but the rest is so good, who cares!

I know it has Bluetooth streaming, but I like full access and control of my music, so the MDI, plus a s/h 160GB iPod Classic left permanently in the arm-rest storage, means I have my entire music collection at my fingers ALL the time, which was worth £180 to me.

I'm expecting Tuesday to be a long and sleepless night.....  :D

• Like 1

Good luck today Twelvebears!!

Yes, all the best for today. Hope everything goes well. Will be interesting to see what you think of the differences in your new and old car i.e. se vs elegance, hatch vs estate, 170 vs 140 for mpg and drive. Enjoy your day!

Actually my pickup was held up until today due to slight delays sorting the registration. Picked her up this morning and even though an existing Superb owner, I'm SOOO happy. :-)

Going from a Black on Black twin-door SE 140 to a Silver with Ivory Elegance 170 is enough of a change to make it feel like a totally different car.

Observations so far:

Ride seems better vs my 2011 model even though I've gone from 17' to 18' rims, which was unexpected.

170 is noticeably more pokey when asked to press-on

Electric leather seats seem significantly softer and more comfortable which is lovely

Columbus system is pretty good all around.

Went for the upgraded sound system and straight 'out the box' with no tweaking of the settings it sounds REALLY good.  I don't know if they've made any recent tweaks, but I have serious home HiFi obsession, so I'm not easily impressed, but it really is very decent and WAY better than the standard Bolero I had before.

Pics to follow but absolutely loving it so far.

• Like 2

Glad to hear you enjoy it.... I have had mine 7 weeks now, 1400 miles, and STILL smile when I drive it, it really is "Superb" .... The Columbus with the sound system on the "L&K" is good, in my opinion sounds as good as the Bose system on my old Exeo, but the seats are way more comfortable in my opinion, much more relaxed drive, smoother, although that could be down to the Exeo having sports suspension.... 

Pleased to here your impressed with car and speakers upgrade as an old thread on here had me worried slightly, mine arrived at dealers 2 weeks ago and I'm due to collect her on the 1st, sooooo excited:)

Pleased to here your impressed with car and speakers upgrade as an old thread on here had me worried slightly, mine arrived at dealers 2 weeks ago and I'm due to collect her on the 1st, sooooo excited:)

Yes I know the upgraded sound system has had mixed reviews and I too was a touch concerned, but I decided that for just £330 it was worth a shot and I'm glad I did.

I'm sure how 'impressed' you are will depend on your listening tastes and preferred volume.  If dub-step or drum and bass, at unsociable levels is your thing, then no, it probably won't be that impressive.  But for me, someone who is looking for a balanced sound high-to-low, to play at decent but not ear-splitting volumes, I think it is very good indeed for the money.

Having the mid-range in the front-middle section of the door panels has definitely made the biggest difference. And I personally think the default 'Linear' EQ setting, without fiddling (perhaps just a bit of High boost), sounds very nice.

The one thing Skoda could/should have done, would be to position the HF drivers on the dash, facing up at the windscreen. HF is very directional, and this is an excellent way of using the sound reflecting properties of glass to get a nice treble spread.

Also loving being able to have a complete copy of my whole music collection with me at all times, thanks to a s/h 160GB iPod Classic and the MDI.

Glad you're enjoying it and all the best with it!  I have to say the upgraded sound system makes a big difference.  I suppose it depends on what you were always used to but after listening to a standard system in a loan car during the week the difference is noticeable!  I think the seats are slightly more comfortable on the FL compared to the pre-FL - maybe I'm the only one that thinks this?

Glad you're enjoying it and all the best with it!  I have to say the upgraded sound system makes a big difference.  I suppose it depends on what you were always used to but after listening to a standard system in a loan car during the week the difference is noticeable!  I think the seats are slightly more comfortable on the FL compared to the pre-FL - maybe I'm the only one that thinks this?

I wasn't sure if the seats being more comfortable (i.e. a bit softer) was a pre/post FL thing or because they are electric leather vs the alcantara/mock-leather of my old SE. Either way, defo better, which is nice as I have a 100 mile round trip commute, so the better seats and sounds will make that a lot more enjoyable.

I wasn't sure if the seats being more comfortable (i.e. a bit softer) was a pre/post FL thing or because they are electric leather vs the alcantara/mock-leather of my old SE. Either way, defo better, which is nice as I have a 100 mile round trip commute, so the better seats and sounds will make that a lot more enjoyable.

I went from elegance to L&K so maybe that was the difference in the seats although they are not advertised as bring any different. My daily commute is about the same and the extra comfort is nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk