Finally Fitted My FMIC

I finally got around to fitting my Toyosports FMIC today that had been sat in the cupboards since winter, Ooops Lol. I have to say they are a job and a half to fit but well worth it once uve tweeked it to suit. Still got a lil bit of tweeking to do but so far so good and well worth the money. Holds boost well and much better in the hot sun than the standard side mount. Have to say little to no oil in the old system either which surprised me for a 12 yo car with near on 150k miles. Anyway, heres a piccy.

Octy-with-FMIC_zps54fbfddc.jpg

Ahh that makes sense now.  So it just goes down from the throttle body into the left side of the intercooler then from the right side up over the right side of the engine onto the turbo??

Did you buy a universal kit or specific pipework sizes etc? Seen so many posts on this its untrue.

there is loads of posts.

It could almost be a sticky thread...

Trouble is there are so many different options of how to route and depending on what universal kit you have will change the way you install it..

The Golf forum have this well covered too. As the universal kits for a Golf is the same as a Octavia.

I actually bought the kit off someone on here. I believe it is one of the universal kits for the golf 1.8T. As Bowders has said there is more than one way to route the pipe work. I did a bit of research on this forum and the Golf forums to decide on which way I wanted to route it. Still not 100% happy with it as the pipe that comes out of the turbo and over the top is very close to the recirc valve. May look at tweeking it at some point or just relocating the recirc valve to the cold side.

Well I am doing a full custom FMIC soon. The forge will come off which I will miss as it was so simple to install. I am now going for a BAM inlet manifold install and a BAM charge pipe with various custom pipe work as part of the FMIC install, as don't want pipes all over the place which will take me longer to fit but hey ho. Been saving parts over a while. Will post pics and the install when fitted.