Possible group buys? - arl bolts - braided lines - elephant mod - boost pipes

Just gauging interest on a few things I've done / doing to my car and wondering if anyone els would be interested in them. Doesn't have to be a group buy but wanting to know interest.

Braided Fuel & Coolant Hoses - Can come in black mesh or stainless steel style mesh, I.e black or silver! Will come with a choice of finishings to fit them also in a choice of colour.

*(Still need to see what I can sort out, but depending on what people want between £40 and £80 will be a rough guide.)*

ARL Head Bolts - It is what it is, uprated head bolts for the fabia vrs pd130 etc dealers are about £67 iirc and other popular sellers charge about £43.00 (advertised price +vat and +postage)

These are the 12.9 tensile strengh ones.

*(Price will be £30 for now, don't know postage but think it will be about £2.80.)*

Elephant Mod - I believe I'm the first person to do this but have made hard style pipes running from the crank case breather into my oil catch can. Can be made to fit the standard setup if required or made to suit a catch can or vent. Made up of ASH hoses with hard silicone bends and alloy pipework. Also comes in a choice of colours.

*(still need to sort out this one but again depends what people want, shouldn't think it would run over £40 though)*

Boost pipes - been speaking to my alloy welder tonight about the troubles I'm having getting the darkside boost pipes. He's pricing up everything needed and is letting me know. He has also made a setup last week for another forum member but for a single pass intercooler. Mine will be for seat sport style intercoolers

*(will be testing this on my own car but doesn't seem like it will work out that cheap, around £200 I'd imagine)*

Replacement vacuum hoses - Can be bought in any colour really, will come all numberd and made to size in the three correct ID size hoses needed.

*(no more than £20?)*

For the braided hoses would you want finishers like this?

image.jpg

Or would you / others be happy with these

image.jpg

I've got finishers on my car and will offer both depending what people want, just the finishers would work out expensive depending how much people want.

If it's just fuel pipes people want the finishers would be about £35 alone depending on colour. If it was just fuel pipe clips the full thing posted would be closer to £35 all together.

How many finishers would that include mate? How much would the braided hose and finishers be?

Between 8 and 14 finishers needed depending on what people ask for, but to keep it simple I will sell a kit for the left side of the engine bay including all four fuel lines and one coolant pipe.

So that's five pipes and 10 finishers. I'd guess about the £80 mark but haven't got exact figures yet. This would be roughly halfed if using the cheaper chrome fuel pipe clips insted of the finishers.

Ok, so the only things people want are the braided hoses and uprated head bolts.

I'll sort everything this weekend then, I'll post pictures tomorrow of the head bolts and start taking payments tomorrow/Saturday for them to post on Sunday.

The people 100% wanting the braided hoses as said I will give you a 100% price and then possibly take deposits for people wanting specific orders.

• Like 1

Pm's sent for the uprated head bolts for now.

It's clear the interest in the braided lines so will start arranging them now anyway.

I will make three sets of the elephant mod/catch can with pictures on Sunday and will just advertise them straight away and sell them then, if they are popular enough I can always make more!

The boost pipes will be a working progress, as I'm paying an alloy welder I have little to zero profit for a lot of hastle, so if and when they are done I would need a deposit and be 100% sure before I spend my own money getting anyone parts :)

• Like 1

Head bolts only

-------------------

1) tommccabevrs - Collecting

2) Alex_fabia - awaiting payment

3) barbourc1 - awaiting payment

4) skoda-saint - awaiting payment

5) T.spark - awaiting payment

So these are for the ARL engine pd150 head bolts which are 12.9 tensile strength rating and much stronger than standard, a popular upgrade if running higher power. Picture showing 12.9 stamp on the top of the bolt if you can make it out.

image.jpg

Since a few more people have asked for them I will run this untill Tuesday, any that haven't been paid for before then won't be sent.

Pms will be sent with payment details.

Thanks

I'm also waiting for a large delivery of silicone bends, braided pipework and connections.

Here's a picture of another members, which will look exactly the same, just made to your choice of colours etc.

image.jpg