Fabia MK2 ESTATE complete boot build inc. false floor, amps, sub, wiring

multiskoda

Earlier this year I set about creating a good (audio) quality audio install on a budget for my Fabia. As I'm now selling the car, this has to go. I'm not sure if it's anyone's cup of tea, but thought I'd offer it here before I break it up for bits.

This is a feeler for a complete boot setup including:

• Audiocontrol LC2i - this takes a high level output from your factory stereo and splits out a low-level subwoofer channel and a full-range channel for the amps to play with. Delivers a nice clean sound with plenty of adjustability for setting up gains.
  • MB Quart "Premium 2" channel amp (bridged) used for driving a subwoofer. Capable of delivering far more thump than you'd need in a Fabia.
  • MB Quart ONYX 600.4 4 channel amp, capable of delivering nice clean sound to all four door speakers.
  • Kenwood subwoofer-in-a-box. I'm not sure. It's 12" I think, and sounds nice. I've had it for years and it has always served me faithfully, but its vital details have been lost in time.
  • Amp rack to suit a Fabia estate. More on this below.
  • False floor to sit on top, and hide the whole thing. It's nice and strong so you don't need to worry about chucking things in the boot, and it's covered in an OEM-grade car carpet, so you can treat it like normal car carpet (as in, some fairly brutal getting-mud-out-of-carpet style hoovering is no problem)
  • All held down to the car's chassis with some cargo straps, also included.

The amp rack itself is a piece of MDF bolted to a pine frame to support the false floor and secure the rig centrally in the boot. It has quick-release connections for 4x speaker wires (the sub wire is floating) and 2x power connectors. The connectors are included, so removing the rack is pretty easy. Just unplug and pull it out. It's not a pretty rack by any means (I'm no precision carpenter), but it's solid, does its job well and is hidden by the false floor.

All the wiring for a fabia is included, including a wiring harness for the stereo that takes 2ch output from the stereo and delivers it to the audiocontrol box, and 4ch speaker outputs coming from the amp, delivering audio to the door speakers without any rewiring needed, and crucially no chopping of the factory wires). This is all properly soldered together and insulated. Also includes the RCA leads needed to go from the audiocontrol up front to the amps in the rear.

All you'd need to do to complete the system:

• New half-decent quality door speakers
  • Power cable + 80 amp fuse to run the two amps, 8AWG minimum.
  • Power splitter.
  • Earth cable (The boot latch is a decent earthing point, I've found)
  • Some car audio know how.

Once installed, the system sounds great, doesn't rattle about in the boot (the sub can be secured to the rear seats with a bungee) and produces good quality high volume sound. The degree to which the sub does its thing can be controlled with an included remote that controls the sub output on the audiocontrol unit.

Any questions, let me know. I'll consider splitting up the parts if nobody's interested in the wooden parts. The audiocontrol is already set with gains that match the swing head unit, but the amps will need setting up properly with whichever speakers you choose to use. I'd highly recommend using a digital multimeter to set the system up.

Looking for £300 for the lot, which I think is a fair price considering all the parts that go into putting something like this together, but I'll entertain any offers.

Collection only from Hemel Hempstead.

Pictures below. Note there's no picture of the audiocontrol box, or its remote - those are tucked away in the centre console, and I forgot to take pics.

2014-07-27155830.jpg

2014-07-27155956.jpg

2014-07-27160007HDR.jpg

2014-07-27160116.jpg

e71925b4-89f4-4890-9d8d-5e9cd83070eb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...