New Tyres Fitted......What a transformation!

Decided it was time to change the Conti 2's that came fitted to the car from new. There was still an even 4mm tread on all 4 tyres after 20000 miles (swapped them round at 15000) but they were past their best, particularly in the wet.

After looking at various tyre reviews and threads on here I decided on Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymetric 2's. Best price was £98 from F1 Autocentres.

Tyres have been on a week now and what a difference from the Conti's. They are so much quieter and smoother riding, the car has been completely transformed. It really is like driving a different car. No more having to turn up the radio to drown the tyre noise. I'd read the Conti's were noisy but never realised by how much.

Anyone changing tyres should seriously consider these.

I changed from the factory fit Contis to Goodyear Efficiency Grip Performance and have also noticed a big reduction in road noise and increase in ride comfort. The rolling resistance is noticeably lower also as when approaching junctions I lift of the gas at the same point as usual but arrive at the junction going faster than expected and have brake harder .

Friend of mine (not a Skoda person but well versed in cars) had 4 Dunlop SP Sport BluResponse fitted recently and is raving about them. Anyone here had any experience of them?

• Like 1

I decided on Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymetric 2's. Best price was £98 from F1 Autocentres.

Tyres have been on a week now and what a difference from the Conti's. They are so much quieter and smoother riding, the car has been completely transformed. It really is like driving a different car. No more having to turn up the radio to drown the tyre noise. I'd read the Conti's were noisy but never realised by how much.

Anyone changing tyres should seriously consider these.

I'd completely agree with this. These tyres are superb and make a massive difference to how the car drives. 

i've had 3 sets of Assym2's now - very good tyre. 

my last change though i put sport maxx RT's on instead - they seem ok grip-wise (but not back-to-back tested against the goodyears) but  they don't have the rim protector which scares me a little for when SWMBO drives.

I ran Michelin PS3s and was uber impressed, a great tyre. However, after reading so many good reviews on the Goodyear F1 AS2 I plumped for a set when the Michelins expired and I have been really impressed. The deeper tread should give more mileage and the wet performance is absolutely incredible - I have a reasonable suspension kit (Vogtland) with an H&R Rear ARB and the wet cornering pace is bordering on anti social. Bought mine via black circles and the price was pretty good too.

I changed from the factory fit Contis to Goodyear Efficiency Grip Performance and have also noticed a big reduction in road noise and increase in ride comfort. The rolling resistance is noticeably lower also as when approaching junctions I lift of the gas at the same point as usual but arrive at the junction going faster than expected and have brake harder .

+1 and they'll be first choice on the new car too.

Completely agree with the previous posts on Goodyear F1 tyre.

Awesome tyre and good rim protection....popular on the R36 forum too!  :thumbup:

Yep gonna agree with this also,..... Amazing grip... Not ott on price and is the first goodyear set of tyre i actually like... Great ride and smooth and quiet. Rim protection is superb...

I've just popped the same on all 4 corners of mine too this week. Early days but no complaints here. Just nice to have some tread. There is only so much time i'm able to get away with runnnig on slicks ( well 1.6mm!). The weather has been kind to me until I got a puncture on Suday. Glad I didnt get them replaced before the puncture!

I changed our fronts to Dunlop Blur espouse and they are very quiet whilst we gained a few mpg too. They feel good in the dry and although I have not been out in torrential rain, the wet grip seems good too.

Friend of mine (not a Skoda person but well versed in cars) had 4 Dunlop SP Sport BluResponse fitted recently and is raving about them. Anyone here had any experience of them?

Yes - I've got 2 on the front (via Blackcircles.com).  They have covered about 16k miles and are about half worn.  Pretty quiet too. Very satisfied!

Dave 

• 2 weeks later...