Another A/C question

When I start up the car with the A/C turned on it makes a hissing noise and this lasts for about 3mins. Same when I turn it off but lasts about 30secs. Any ideas? Also had it regassed 6 weeks ago but not as cold as it was.

Sent from my Galaxy S5

Could be a problem, I can't say but sounds like it could be low on gas.

Having had mine repaired and regassed recently I was not impressed by the several minutes or few miles it took to run cool, in fact in 28.5C ambient it felt like a blast from a fan oven until it kicked in.

I calibrated or synchronised the heater system by pressing the ECON and lower left vent button (chest) with the ignition on but engine off, thus far it has blown cold within seconds of starting so am much happier.

Depending who replaces it, but I got mine done for £400 parts and labour at a main dealer after negotiating, I'm still having issues with mine though and it's going back in tomorrow.

£400 for a new unit and fitting, regassing etc is cheap. From a main dealer its really cheap.

£500 - £600 is the usual figure but that's from an independent you can expect a dealer to cost more.

£400 for a new unit and fitting, regassing etc is cheap. From a main dealer its really cheap.

£500 - £600 is the usual figure but that's from an independent you can expect a dealer to cost more.

£400 might be cheap(?) but if you see my thread you might understand why.

Others have had it done at independents though cheaper than that.

£400 might be cheap(?) but if you see my thread you might understand why.

Others have had it done at independents though cheaper than that.

Have you got a link to the thread please? Im off to have a look why.......

The symptoms described at the start of the thread exactly match those of my car!

It has gone in to the dealers today to see what the problem is.  I'm just awaiting their call.

Thankfully the car is still under warranty  :happy:  

Had a call from the dealers yesterday afternoon - confirmed that the compressor has failed but it it covered by the warranty.  The part(s) should be fitted today and I get the car back tonight.  I'll try to find out how much they would have charged.

Typical - the air con gets fixed once the weather has cooled down!

Can anybody explain what system components actually make up the climatronic air conditioning system in our cars?

I'm aware that the condenser is the small black radiator at the very front of the engine bay with pipes coming out of it but I'm not familiar with the other components.

In a regular car with no air con I'm guessing the water travels around the engine bay via the heater matrix to provide cold/heat etc.

My Octavia recently had a new motor flap as the driver was getting cooked, followed by a re-gas and I had nice cold AC - until this week when I have no cold AC and Skoda say the condener is at fault. They want £600 quickly reduced to £500.

Local garage wants £258 although I'm skeptical they are qualified to do it properly.

Condenser is only £105 at Euro car Parts or £117 at GSF or £200 from Skoda

Christian

Rang garage today that did the a/c regass. Got it booked in for next week. Have looked round the rads and pipework with a bright uv torch. No leaks found. Then put a/c on full from car being cold all fans on within 30 seconds

Sent from my Galaxy S5

• 2 weeks later...

Need to get the condenser done as the repair kit for mine is different to the one that's fitted. What brand of condenser are you guys fitting or recommend?

Sent from my Galaxy S5