OCtavia estate rear speakers

I have tried looking for a guide to replace the rear 6x5 speakers in my octavia estate but cant seem to fine anything

Does anyone know how to acces them, what pops off, unclips srews etc? or if you know of a guide?

MY factory speakers are pooh and rears are blown and the fronts are making fart noises so might need an overhaul!

Cheers

Found this guide helpful when I replaced my rears;

SkodaICE.pdf

They are only 4x6 speakers at the rear so not many upgrade options really. I used some Blaupunkt replacements, can't remember which ones now though. Got them in a box somewhere so could have a look if you like?

Have you fitted those wheels and FMIC yet? Post some pics when you do.

Hello mate!

I have, funnily enough i wqs tjinking aboit a drive out tonight to take some pics, got the wheels on and some new discs and pads uofront

Waiting for new exhaust to cine instock then will havr my stage 2 booked and ap coilovers on the way!

Will get some pics up. Did you say you had some spare speakers?

I fitted Rockford Fosgates and quite frankly they were a waste of money, and had to take a lot of modifying (and silicon) to get them to seal properly.

Upgrading the rears is going to give very little return no matter what you fit, on an Estate.

A good tip is to unplug the crud tweeters in the rear( not sure if they are in rear doors like the hatch) can just unplug tweeter from double connection on rear speaker. This will improve sound and stop that fussy tin sound. But also upgrade the main rear speakers is a good idea too. Kenwood are ok but you are limited if you wish to keep same size speakers as std. Still most will be better than std one's.