Richard's (Brisky) Roomster

BossFox

If it was me with a black hawk down edition rooster I would be looking for something with plenty of power but with relatively low weight etc, it definitely would not be a 1.8T though.

To keep in with the projects BossFox has undertaken, the Roomster would be an incredible car if it were all wheel drive and has a W8 engine up front, mad I hear you cry BUT you are wrong, the W8 is a small engine by design, quite light and has good performance, linked to an O2A gearbox with transfer box off a 4motion it would make for a fantastic sleeper.  

Or more than likely I am way off what is going to happen.

from what I have seen of VAG cars, most things are interchangeable across a lot of models. I sold my 312 brakes off a MK4 and they bolted straight onto a MK2 Golf, says to me not much changes from model to model.    

Rear subframe off a scout or even a MK4 Golf would go under it I reckon.  A little bit of fettling maybe, big hammer and a welder, anything will fit  :D

• Like 1

Will a scouts running gear fit a non scout?

The Roomster Scout has the same drivetrain, no 4x4 option.

W8 4x4 Roomster black sounds good to me

I say, let's not get ahead of ourselves! :D

• Like 4

Where would you get a w8?

ebay of course, or from a big Audi cruiser or even a Passat.      4 litre iirc, there is a Passat W8 that is serviced where I am getting my turbo fitted, it is super quiet and smooth the drive with loads of smooth power delivery.   Be great in a Roomy

ebay of course, or from a big Audi cruiser or even a Passat. 4 litre iirc, there is a Passat W8 that is serviced where I am getting my turbo fitted, it is super quiet and smooth the drive with loads of smooth power delivery. Be great in a Roomy

Urmmm shame BossFox has just bought a diesel Audi! I'm sure the brisky crowd would be happy to transplant the engine from that ;)

Don't think a V4 was ever offered, Saab did.  VW have VR6 or VR5 but the VR5 was a bit cack.    

The VR6 in my Golf is a small engine in comparison to a lot of 6 cylinder engines.

Forgot to mention they sound fantastic......