How long to pdi etc

Depends how busy they are but I'd be extremely surprised if they can have it ready for the weekend. My dealer won't even do new car hand overs on a weekend......

When I spoke to SUK last week I was told that the dealer is allowed 3 and a half days maximum to pdi etc.

My dealer called me today to say mine is being delivered in the morning and I can probably pick it up in the evening. I told them not to rush!!!

My dealer won't even do new car hand overs on a weekend......

I got that same comment from my dealer, so I asked them if they'd be happy to discount the car by the equivalent of the half days wages I'd lose having to take an afternoon off during my working week!

No surprise what their answer was!

Wasn't an issue as I'm self-employed and was intending to pick the car up on a Friday anyway... but I just had to ask!

• Like 1

I got that same comment from my dealer, so I asked them if they'd be happy to discount the car by the equivalent of the half days wages I'd lose having to take an afternoon off during my working week!

No surprise what their answer was!

Wasn't an issue as I'm self-employed and was intending to pick the car up on a Friday anyway... but I just had to ask!

Spot on. Remember that we are the customers, they should be doing what we want within reason. Dealers are open on weekends for sales, so surely they can spend an hr with someone doing the delivery handover.

I would have thought that having potential buyers seeing happy, expectorant, excited customers picking up their new cars would be a sales booster... but obviously some egit with an unexplainable college degree will have come up with some psycho-babble reason as to why new and existing customers shouldn't be within 100 metres of each other!

I would have thought that having potential buyers seeing happy, expectorant, excited customers picking up their new cars would be a sales booster... but obviously some egit with an unexplainable college degree will have come up with some psycho-babble reason as to why new and existing customers shouldn't be within 100 metres of each other!

I know why that is. In 2005 I bought a brand new GSXR1000. It was the hottest model, extrememly popular and each of the dealers I visited was firm on the price - about 20K AUD. I tried my preferred dealer one day for a test ride and to haggle, and a guy was picking up his brand spanking new one (with the salesman I had been dealing with). In front of the salesman, I asked the guy (who I didnt know at all - random stranger) "how much did you pay?" and he told me "18.5K". I didnt bat an eyelid and turned to the salesman and said for that price i'll sign today (as it was obviously much cheaper than everyone else). He looked pained, but agreed to the price.

That's why you dont let sales go near new customers ha ha!

• Like 2