VRS Mechanical noise when lifting off the accelerator

Hi Guys, 

When I lift off the accelerator after light acceleration, there is a mechanical noise a little like a loose chain on a bike but obviously a lot louder....any ideas?

I thought it may be the DSG. I have had the DSG recall completed, however since then the gearbox does seem an awful lot jerkier. It's under warranty so don't know whether to wait for its service in October, or just get it in?

Thanks, 

George 

Is it just the Cattle Grid noise from the DSG between 2nd, dropping to 1st, which is a common complaint from some, 

and really is 'one of those things', and not a sign of any fault.?

There is not a DSG Recall, only a Service Campaign so far, Did they do a ECU Update on your DSG when they changed the OIl in the DSG?

& has the Engine had the latest ECU update if it is a CAVE Engine?

DSG possibly, Clutch Packs of Mechatronics Control Unit. 

Best have it looked at under Warranty and by a Master Tech,  

and not at Service Time where it might get Dismissed by a Technician.

Apart from DSG, there can be another reason for the type of noises, dependent on RPM, and if the Clutch for the Supercharger is Engaged and Disengaging.