blown turbo need advice

not too sure depends on the price and wat other parts i will have to buy to for a bigger turbo i dunno if i can buy a bigger turbo an fit straight on an get other parts at a later date?

Well from modifying other cars with turbos in the past....

If you go for a different turbo, you will need to get the car remapped or tweaked (if you have it mapped already), so that the car isn't over-boosting on new turbo. (Could cause catastrophic engine damage if it's too much!)

You can have a different turbo on the car, and get the map tweaked so that you can keep everything else stock until such time as you're ready to get everything upgraded.

But there are other things you need to consider as well...

turbo couplings for inlet/outlet intake side /exhaust side. Will you need to buy adapters or does it just bolt straight in?

Mapping? How much will a custom map cost? Who will do it?

Talk to Xman on here about a replacement and upgrade at a very reasonable price!

I bought my hybrid when my original turbo blew. I uprated the other components later on. I had the car mapped to about 200bhp still running the standard intercooler. You can have the map tweaked later on to take advantage of further hardware upgrades such as front mounted intercooler, de-cat and clutch.

If you bought a hybrid then they are literally a straight swap - all couplings are standard fitment, as they're a hybrid version of a standard turbo. If you went for a GTB turbo for bigger power in the future then more work is involved - have a look at Coskev's project thread.

Also, if you buy a hybrid and have the later engine (a BLT), then you'll have to buy an EGR delete pipe as well. As the hybrid turbos are typically based on the ASZ platform.

Whatever you'll do, you will have to get the car mapped to the new turbo unless you go for a direct replacement. Use Fabooka on here for very good value for money and smoke minimal mapping.

Sounds like you want the cheapest option.

That's finding a decent 2nd hand turbo.

Assuming you are not banned from ebay, as you are asking others to look, have a look on there or the other sites.

Seems a bit unfair to ask others to spend time going and doing a lot of digging to find stuff, which you can easily look up yourself.

• Like 2

yeah your right is unfair to ask but ive got a bad habbit of always buying the wrong part and when i do buy the right part i get blasted for over paying just need a little help from time to time soz for wasting peoples time