Sd card

Anyone got any advice on how to put music on as card and put it into the columbus?

And what's the biggest sd card u can put in these?

Any help thanxs

Also on my standard stream stereo when I reverse it used to quite the radio, on the columbus it dosent is this standard? Or cause it used to pop up on the screen on my stream ?

I no I can get a polar fis but still looking into this?

Copy your music into iTunes in Mp3 format...its a setting you have to change

Then copy the album into a file and copy that into your SD card..I use a 8Gb SDHC Card...loads of space and loads fine

There are a few threads on the forum for this topic mate - plenty of advise.

Largest card i use is 32GB; but also worth checking the firmware on the columbus.

Early firmware/models were limited on SD card size and did not support larger capacities.

On the volume setting in Reverse; this may just be setting in the menus.

Was it properly coded after you changed from Stream?

Hope this helps.  :thumbup:

32 GB SDHC card here also.

I use Windows media player with it set to mp3 recording at 256Kbps as default. Just copy the Music folders that you want to the card.

It's a good idea to place at least one file onto the card not in a folder - it assists in random play. Obviously you need a SDHC card reader adaptor on your pc. The simplest type plugs into a usb socket.

reversing volume:- press TONE key and you should see PDC:reduce vol or something similar. This lets you play around with reduced volumes when reversing.

Definitely make sure the card is formatted to FAT32!! Having to go the MDI route for my Bolero unit as it's doesn't like the larger cards, but you should be ok with the Columbus.

Dave