Rs3 brakes?

Been looking around for ideas on brake upgrades for a while and I've found a few sets on eBay at what seem to be reasonable money. I've been reading through various posts and found that apparently there is a difference between ttrs and rs3 brakes. Can any on confirm this for me please? Is there any one who has already fitted a set and how do they perform? Do they fit under standard mk2 pre fl wheels?

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=251603031149

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=171404983858

Do these seem genuine to every one else? Is anyone selling a setup on here?

Thanks in advance Rob.

Ttrs and Rs3 calipers are the same. However RS3 disks will not fit due to a different offset. Ttrs disks are poor as they don't have left and right, one side cools and one stays hot. You will need calipers with uprated disks from elsewhere.

• Like 1

Ttrs and Rs3 calipers are the same. However RS3 disks will not fit due to a different offset. Ttrs disks are poor as they don't have left and right, one side cools and one stays hot. You will need calipers with uprated disks from elsewhere.

This is 120% correct. Except about the disc cooling, I cant comment on that. ill let you know in a few months. inside the rotor is the same, but the cross-drilling is not unique to each side, but that doesn't affect cooling all that much, its for gasses to escape from the face of the rotor

I'd heard about the different offset issue

S3s are a straight fit, but RS3s apparently need either 10 or 15 mm spacers to clear them, which will seriously limit your wheel options

Sounds like a big no for them to fit under standard wheels then. Does any one know the best brakes you can get away with while using standard rims? I've heard about the porsche, S3 and R32 upgrades but there seems to be difference in opinion on the best performer.

Sounds like a big no for them to fit under standard wheels then. Does any one know the best brakes you can get away with while using standard rims? I've heard about the porsche, S3 and R32 upgrades but there seems to be difference in opinion on the best performer.

if its of any help I've had the S3 setup and the Porsche nqsbbk - try doing a search for my posts on the subject some time ago when I compare them but in my mind the Porsche setup is a far better option for fast road use. :)
  • Like 1

if its of any help I've had the S3 setup and the Porsche nqsbbk - try doing a search for my posts on the subject some time ago when I compare them but in my mind the Porsche setup is a far better option for fast road use. :)

I think I've read your post about the Porsche brakes before along with a few others. It seems like a favourite of many and they would definitely fit under the standard rims. Where can the adapters and hoses kits be purchased from?

the standard wheels will clear with a 10mm spacer. depends if you like spacers or not. for me, I just stuck with my 19s

I'm not a big fan of spacers to be honest. We had them on a skid car at work and lost a wheel off fur to a failure. 19 are a no no for me too the roads round where I live are too rough and pot hole laden to risk it.

the standard wheels will clear with a 10mm spacer. depends if you like spacers or not. for me, I just stuck with my 19s

The NQSBBK will fit under a zenith (17" or 18") without a spacer. You need a spacer to use Neptunes.

I can certainly vouch for the quality and power of the porsche caliper conversion.

As previously mentioned, they fit under zeniths without spacers. Neptune require 10mm spacers.