K03s Hybrid & 3" MAF

For maximum flow it's needed but you have to get the car tuned for it. If you just swap to a 3" one it will run horribly lean as the ECU won't know how much air is really flowing. I know this from experience :D

Also to get the full benefit bigger injectors will likely be needed, probably upgraded fuel pump also.

Yeh I got a custom one off daddy k03s hybrid and the bigger injectors..4 bar FPR...new S3 4 bar fuel pump straight thru de cated exhaust....just waiting in a custom tubular maniforld to come next week then Ecotune Scotland will put all together and map it.....would I be a fool not to upgrade to a 3" maf before the map?

Wow that turbo intake looks big! Nice :)

That's not going to fit a 3" MAF. You could use a reducer if you have space. Won't fit if you're using standard airbox though.

Or get hold of a TT 3" TIP and mate it to the metal pipe like they have.

Or forget the 3" MAF :)
Once you start doing this sort of thing you end up having to get creative :D

Have you upgraded the intercooler?

The question is, is it really worth the hassle? The MAF itself is identical, just the housing is different. And the air is going to get forced down through that 2" (ish) intake anyway.

Then again I just found this:

its not really the issue of a 3"MAF feeding into a 2.5 bore tip. its the issue of maxing the maf out. A standard MAF can only flow 186g/s where as a 3" maf will be able to flow more due to the larger diameter. the reason people upgrade the maf is that when you go Hybrid, your power will be limited depending on the MAF readings and fuelling etc. So to get the best power you upgrade the MAF housing so that you have better flow.

But is a K03S hybrid going to need that extra flow?

All to do with scaling and to get the best from a hybrid it will need a 3inch tip

I'm not 100% sure why they have trumpeted it as that's not the bit that is restrictive so will see how that works

Speak to sfs and give them outer diameter of the turbo and tell them you want a supersize tip 3inch maf end

thing is with doing that to the turbo your making it hard to fit a tip on it as there isnht much room there for a tip that's that big if that makes sence?

my Neuspeed type TIP on mine rubbed slightly on something when it was on mine.

looks very butch lol,