Superb Black Edition

Hi there,

I'm currently in the process of about to change my company car, I've had a little Fabia Monte Carlo for the past 3 years and it's been a great little car, but now I need something bigger due to longer travelling distances for work (I do a few euro trips for work each year, plus an annual trip to the Alps) also a new addition to the family.

I have been thinking about an Octy 3 but I also really like the look of the FL Superb, the new black edition has caught my eye but I'm yet to see an actual pic of the Superb in the flesh, I've now seen a couple Octy pics and they look good, I just wondered if anyone has any Superb pics?

I would ideally be looking for twin door version as not really needing an estate, I will hopefully go for a test drive soon...

Cheers

Callum

Yeah I've seen those pics, I meant actual pics, in the flesh like in a dealership etc...

Sometimes those images can look different to them in the flesh!

Yeah I've seen those pics, I meant actual pics, in the flesh like in a dealership etc...

Sometimes those images can look different to them in the flesh!

Probably not a car they'd order "on spec" for a forecourt sale, so you'll be lucky to see one I suspect...

Having read the specs for the this limited edition, apart from the black wheels there appears to be nothing different in terms of the standard production model infact it would appear to have a mix of the entry level superbs with customer selection although not sure how much selectionis available. Perhaps the way forward is to look at the standard models and compare what the limited edition offers.

Just my thoughts

I know that's a rendered image and they all look a bit crap on the Skoda website but there's something about the black edition which doesn't look right. Just feels like its a colour/trim combo better suited to a smaller and more sporty model like the Octavia or Fabia. To pimp out a luxo-barge (great phrase stolen from another thread today) in that style looks a bit contrived to me.

Each to their own though.

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I know that's a rendered image and they all look a bit crap on the Skoda website but there's something about the black edition which doesn't look right. Just feels like its a colour/trim combo better suited to a smaller and more sporty model like the Octavia or Fabia. To pimp out a luxo-barge (great phrase stolen from another thread today) in that style looks a bit contrived to me.

Each to their own though.

Yeah I know what you mean, it looks quite sporty and low in the pics, I like the look of it and just wonder if it will be the same in the flesh, I haven't seen those wheels fitted to a Superb before and before I make a decision on a car that I will have for the next 3 years I want to make sure it's what I want!

Aren't they the same wheels as fitted to the FL outdoor...

Nope, the FL outdoor has the same 18' wheels as an elegance just painted, these are 17' and I'm not sure what finish they are, I agree with the diamond cut, look good until the lacquer peel kicks in!

Hi there,

I'm currently in the process of about to change my company car, I've had a little Fabia Monte Carlo for the past 3 years and it's been a great little car, but now I need something bigger due to longer travelling distances for work (I do a few euro trips for work each year, plus an annual trip to the Alps) also a new addition to the family.

I have been thinking about an Octy 3 but I also really like the look of the FL Superb, the new black edition has caught my eye but I'm yet to see an actual pic of the Superb in the flesh, I've now seen a couple Octy pics and they look good, I just wondered if anyone has any Superb pics?

I would ideally be looking for twin door version as not really needing an estate, I will hopefully go for a test drive soon...

Cheers

Callum

Hi Callum,

I had exactly the same problem with not being able to find any "live" pictures.

Have ordered Superb 140 black edition 2 weeks ago and expecting it soon.

• Like 1

Brilliant, look forward to seeing the pics :)

What was the lead-time on it? You must be excited!

Brilliant, look forward to seeing the pics :)

What was the lead-time on it? You must be excited!

I am expecting it to be delivered to my local Skoda Friday 08/08. Lead time was only 3 weeks as I guess they are already made and they are just shippong them over.

Can't wait! :-)

I am expecting it to be delivered to my local Skoda Friday 08/08. Lead time was only 3 weeks as I guess they are already made and they are just shippong them over.

Combi or hatch? Looking forward to the "in the flesh" photos

Combi or hatch? Looking forward to the "in the flesh" photos

Hatch - don't really need estate. There are some pictures on "Auto...rader" of estate version in white

Nice one not a bad lead time!  I assume the black editions are standard pre-packaged models so to speak, with no opportunity to add any major options.  From what I can gather the black edition is a UK only limited edition only as I don't see it offered over here or in any other markets.

Hatch - don't really need estate. There are some pictures on "Auto...rader" of estate version in white

Brilliant, found it, looks good, I am more interested in a hatch so look forward to seeing some pics of one soon...

It's good to see a pic of the wheels, they actually look better than I thought!

So just to update you guys. Got email from my local dealer - car was delivered yesterday. Now wait for it - they ordered WRONG one - estate instead of hatch. I went mental! Going tomorrow to have a chat and hopefully will come home with estate for unbeatable price. Great end to the week :(

So just to update you guys. Got email from my local dealer - car was delivered yesterday. Now wait for it - they ordered WRONG one - estate instead of hatch. I went mental! Going tomorrow to have a chat and hopefully will come home with estate for unbeatable price. Great end to the week :(

The estate looks better in all trim levels IMO. Hopefully you can get it for a steal.

So I got the Estate at the end. Paid just over 22k so not bad I guess (140 TDi - manual). I am collecting it on Wednesday so hopefully add some more pictures at the weekend.

S

S1